T5 addition to the tank

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just did this but I only added 2 bulbs to my 80 I'm up to 5hrs on the t5's and I must say that everything looks amazing in my tank as well!

stlcard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added 6-T5 to my tank which was previously running only 2 radion pro G3, I cant get over the polyp extensions im getting within a short period of time with the t5, I never had this with just the Radions. Can t5 really make that much of a difference?

you say much better polyp extension. i presume you didnt change anything else with the tank besides the lighting? did you change anything else that would affect water quality? such as new equipment, different water change schedule, dosing?

Scoly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different brand of LEDs, but I'm running hybrid now also, within a couple weeks of adding the t5's my rainbow acans started getting the rainbow colors back. I might have missed it, but what bulbs are you running? Great looking tank btw

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you say much better polyp extension. i presume you didnt change anything else with the tank besides the lighting? did you change anything else that would affect water quality? such as new equipment, different water change schedule, dosing?
Nope use Calcium reactor, still try to do 2 ,3 week 20% water change, Just added the t5. It truly is a different spectrum from led,I only kept the radions to give the front of the rock work light,the corals are getting to big and whats under them would get shadowed if i used only t5, IMO

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different brand of LEDs, but I'm running hybrid now also, within a couple weeks of adding the t5's my rainbow acans started getting the rainbow colors back. I might have missed it, but what bulbs are you running? Great looking tank btw
Thanks,its unbelivable what difference the t5 makes, I should of never switched to led only but heres my t5
Front to back... ATI Blue+, ATI Blue+, Korallen-Zucht Coral ll, KZ Fiji Purple, ATI Aqua BlueSpecial,ATI Blue +

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used LED's for a few years and went to MH/T5HO and couldnt be happier. I am thinking after a few years I want to do a large cube tank instead of my 220g, but when I do that I will try the LED/t5ho combo.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back