Tank Crash - out of hobby

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My JBJ45 rimless decided to crack around the right front corner this morning. I've seen other members post the same exact problem but I though it was just their bad luck. Apparently these tanks are not well built.

It all happened at 9AM after my regular W/C, heard a loud cracking sound while working on my IM10 and sure enough there was water splashing all over my hardwood floor.

I am so thankful that I was home when all this happened, so glad I was able to save all of my livestock at least. Sad part is that my brand new Sony laptop was on the floor and it got destroyed along with my area rug and a foot massage equipment. Right now I am just hoping my floors and structure are okay.

This is so frustrating and heartbreaking. I really worked hard on this tank and always maintained in pristine conditions.

Just wanted to thank all of you guys who followed some of my tanks and gifted me with kind "likes" I will be taking a long break from this hobby and can't foresee returning anytime soon.

God Bless
Brian Kim

20160712_084548.jpg

20160712_085333.jpg

20160712_085336.jpg

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's horrible luck Brian please hang in there I understand your frustration but you had such a nice looking system I hate to see you give up, but I can fully understand why.

Best of luck my friend!

TreyC2010

But baby, the fish need it....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marineland offered me a check or a new tank. I told them I didn't want another marineland tank. They also asked for estimated loss of livestock and any equipment that wasn't covered under its own warranty. Marineland really took care of me. I'm not sure of JBJs warranty but it's worth a shot to at least get that money. Mine busted last year. I had a 150. Sorry for the loss man. Get back in it one day. Take your time.

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marineland offered me a check or a new tank. I told them I didn't want another marineland tank. They also asked for estimated loss of livestock and any equipment that wasn't covered under its own warranty. Marineland really took care of me. I'm not sure of JBJs warranty but it's worth a shot to at least get that money. Mine busted last year. I had a 150. Sorry for the loss man. Get back in it one day. Take your time.
Thanks for sharing....I will give them a call tomorrow. I couldn't do anything today, was busy cleaning up the mess lol

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 94 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back