TCK Pikachu Acro!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got mine from the same place. But at their store. It browned slightly, not as bad as a rainbow acro. Is getting its yellow back. But I rarely see polyp extension from acros in my tank. They grow well just no polyps. Was told you see polyps when they are hungry.

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral took a beating at the beginning but it's settling in now. Here's an updated progression, which represents about a year's worth of growth.

Sept 2014:
TCK Pikachu by E Z, on Flickr

Oct. 2014:

Feb 2015:

April 2015:

Today:

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is looking great Mr Zibba.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zibba ...Great to see an update from u .
Glad you are posting again .. love the pic's .
I have 2 pikachu's the OG n the Plutonium .
I need to get better pic's of them .. :(

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they are like strawberry shortcake. They are collected colonies. TCK is the original and UC would have to say TKC but i think they changed it to say pikachu type in description. A friend has 4 of TCK pilachu frags. They look very like mine, not from UC but from LRO. Neither are that yellow but they are frags. So will need to color up. His like mine the polyps are never out or that red. They are just sitting at top of the coralites. More of a brick red.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job!

BottomCoastReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely breath taking @zibba by far my favorite progressions!!!

i can just imagine the satisfaction you have watching that thing grow from almost nothing.

I cant wait to see this thing as a huge colony, i just hope you dont frag it!

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, @BottomCoastReefs

You're right, it's very satisfying. At this point, it's really settled in and growing fast. Assuming I can keep my tank stable, I'd imagine the year 1 to year 2 growth will be even more rewarding.

It will be awhile before I frag it. I'm a notorious hoarder and considering this is one of the center pieces on the top island in my tank, I expect to let it grow for awhile.

CORAL JUNKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, @BottomCoastReefs

You're right, it's very satisfying. At this point, it's really settled in and growing fast. Assuming I can keep my tank stable, I'd imagine the year 1 to year 2 growth will be even more rewarding.

It will be awhile before I frag it. I'm a notorious hoarder and considering this is one of the center pieces on the top island in my tank, I expect to let it grow for awhile.
What kind or par is this thing getting ? I pick one up from tck and it's doing great growth wise but it's still a little on the green side . Thanks

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind or par is this thing getting ? I pick one up from tck and it's doing great growth wise but it's still a little on the green side . Thanks

I can't give you a par number but it's about 8" under the water surface and I run AI Hydras -- there's a 52 sitting 12" off the water directly above it.

As you can see, mine was very green at the beginning and still is. I think it's slowly starting to get more yellow but it's not there yet. Also, the polyps aren't red yet either. Again, hoping that will come in.

For what it's worth, I have other acros that are suppose to be yellow: Reef Raft's Pink Floyd and Wolverine, WWC's Firefly, etc. and they're not quite there yet either. Although, all are shifting more towards yellow as the frags grow.

Patience and consistency, I believe is key with these yellow pieces.

Hope that helps!

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see, mine was very green at the beginning and still is. I think it's slowly starting to get more yellow but it's not there yet. Also, the polyps aren't red yet either. Again, hoping that will come in.!

You mentioned pink floyd. I was just commenting to a friend who has a piece. That his pink floyd looks a lot like my pikachu.

Your piece is much further along in size than mine. So it maybe like waiting for vivids rainbow to not be brown. As you mentioned not really yellow. Although i do not think it is really that yellow as the picture and the glowing red polyps. My polyps are not red but a dark brownish red. If you did not tell someone the polyps are red they would guess it as dark rust color. Comparing the yellow in mother colony picture to my frag is like comparing the blue of an Oregon tort to a California tort.

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, at this point the frags of TCK Pikachu, RR Asia Pink Floyd and RR USA Pink Floyd all look very similar.

Some look at the above mentioned corals in my tank and see yellow, I see yellow-green at best. Yellow, to me, is like the picture originally posted. No compromises! :) Whether these will get there is another discussion for a different thread.

CORAL JUNKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned pink floyd. I was just commenting to a friend who has a piece. That his pink floyd looks a lot like my pikachu.

Your piece is much further along in size than mine. So it maybe like waiting for vivids rainbow to not be brown. As you mentioned not really yellow. Although i do not think it is really that yellow as the picture and the glowing red polyps. My polyps are not red but a dark brownish red. If you did not tell someone the polyps are red they would guess it as dark rust color. Comparing the yellow in mother colony picture to my frag is like comparing the blue of an Oregon tort to a California tort.
Cool thanks for the help. Like I said I've only had mine for a month or so but it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back