Tethered

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone take pictures tethered? I take pictures this way for food photography, and don’t see why it would not be an advantage when taking pics or corals, but see nothing about it. Would there be a reason not to?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never head of taking tethered pictures before. From a quick google search it sounds like you have the camera attached to a computer or some other large screen to help ensure you are getting the images you want?

I can't speak on this with any certainty, as I take all my pictures with an iphone haha but we have some awesome photographers on here who can chime in.

I think a lot of the photos we see of corals are for sales purposes (maybe thats just me cause I am always looking for sales haha) but in that context I think the photographer is tying to cover a lot of ground (or water, cause they have to walk from tank to tank) so I imagine being tethered would be detrimental in that scenario. . .

OP
OP
C

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense l, if you are moving from tank to tank it would get annoying. I think I will give it a try, I only have one tank and have enough cord to move the tripod around enough.

When shooting food it is really helpful to see the layout, move things and adjust things, all while being able to see the shot, not sure how useful it will be here, except I will not have to bend to look through the camera for the picture.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back