The BEST Cap Ever!!!

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely to be the only cap I'll ever keep. It's green base with purple polyps and a purple rim. I LOVE it!!!

Cap.jpg

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, i picked one of these up from marv at atlantis
mines only about the size of a nickel though

OP
OP
143gadgets

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! Mine isn't that big either. it's about the size of a half dollar. i got it from Atlantis.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the east coast Atlantis. ;)

FWIW......the blue polyp cap in Fish World's show tank is better, its a true flower petal monti cap. (sps tank in the back...not the 1200g)

Chris, too bad we didn't have enough time when you were in town to go check out the other store.

Last edited:
OP
OP
143gadgets

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? This one looks as if will swirl as well. What does the one at Fish Worlds look like?

OP
OP
143gadgets

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! that is an awesome piece. Looks like next time I'm down there we are gonna have to meet up again. I plan to be there second week of June for a wedding. Up for it?

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you been to fishworld recently? cause i went a couple of days ago and its not there anymore
thats actually the one ive been looking for when i asked people if they had a blue polyp cap but all i could find is purple polyps with green base
heres a pic of fishworlds cap via cellphone cam
1119071643.jpg

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not there anymore? thats interesting...

a guy from c-ville went in there, and asked Jan how much a cap like that would cost.....she responded, "more than you can afford"......lol!!!

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe told me how much he bought it for and it was quite steep. He got 2 pieces and someone bought the smaller piece for I think it was like 150ish. It was about 2-3"
the piece that was in the back display was around 5"
He told me that he was going to frag it in a month or 2 so he may have just fragged it
The good thing with FishWorld is that Joe doesn't charge more for "name," only problem is everything he has is uber expensive. He had a huge colony of BLUE zoas, the BLUEST I've ever seen. If you compare these to Tubs "blues," well lets just say Tubs blues looks white compared to the ones he got in and it had about 80 polyps on it, he sold it for 160
BUT Jan is also a little bit*hy, she just wants the money while Joe is more customer oriented
Joe's customer service is close to that of the drs, my friends heater broke on him and he bought it from a different store but Joe tells him to take a finnex titanium (the ones in the red box) until he gets a replacement
those heaters are pretty much the most expensive heaters out there and without a care in the world he lets him borrow a brand new one
now if youre looking for dead stuff just go to atlantis...where he frags everything and sells the colony for the same price as a large colony and labels names
i went in there and they had a nice pink zoa colony for 60 i think it was and next day i went in there SAME colony, but it was fragged with about half the polyps left and still 60
the frags were right next to the colony and you can see where he fragged so i know it was the same colony, thats messed up, but his store is nice and new
oh he sold my friend a large cap frag for 20 with the magnet base and everything and i go in to get the same thing and charges me 30...he said it was the last one so i got it anyways but still what the heck
oh and whats up with that cloth material stuff on the walls of the anemone/clownfish tanks?
did you see his blue carpet wilt away?

Last edited by a moderator:

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe told me how much he bought it for and it was quite steep. He got 2 pieces and someone bought the smaller piece for I think it was like 150ish. It was about 2-3"
the piece that was in the back display was around 5"
He told me that he was going to frag it in a month or 2 so he may have just fragged it
The good thing with FishWorld is that Joe doesn't charge more for "name," only problem is everything he has is uber expensive. He had a huge colony of BLUE zoas, the BLUEST I've ever seen. If you compare these to Tubs "blues," well lets just say Tubs blues looks white compared to the ones he got in and it had about 80 polyps on it, he sold it for 160
BUT Jan is also a little bit*hy, she just wants the money while Joe is more customer oriented
Joe's customer service is close to that of the drs, my friends heater broke on him and he bought it from a different store but Joe tells him to take a finnex titanium (the ones in the red box) until he gets a replacement
those heaters are pretty much the most expensive heaters out there and without a care in the world he lets him borrow a brand new one
now if youre looking for dead stuff just go to atlantis...where he frags everything and sells the colony for the same price as a large colony and labels names
i went in there and they had a nice pink zoa colony for 60 i think it was and next day i went in there SAME colony, but it was fragged with about half the polyps left and still 60
the frags were right next to the colony and you can see where he fragged so i know it was the same colony, thats messed up, but his store is nice and new
oh he sold my friend a large cap frag for 20 with the magnet base and everything and i go in to get the same thing and charges me 30...he said it was the last one so i got it anyways but still what the heck
oh and whats up with that cloth material stuff on the walls of the anemone/clownfish tanks?
did you see his blue carpet wilt away?

- Fish World is *just* as expensive as Atlantis...if not more for *rarer* corals. the "superman" they have in the back, is really just a maricultured purple haze, i remember when they first got it in 2 years ago.
- Fish World's tanks are DIRRRRRRTY. the majority of the sps they sell are dead/dying, and have parasites along with hairy acro eating crabs in them (the blue eyed ones).
- Twon8 originally got his Armor of Gods from Fish World.....the amount they charged for them was absurd compared to what they go for normally.
- FishWorlds selection is pretty crappy IMO, they don't even get in ORA corals.
- Joe is the only person I trust at that store, Jan is a complete bit*h....I don't trust her or their other part time "employees". I don't like how they don't post how much things are for sale on the glass.....as I've gone in at seperate times and had different employees give me different prices on the same coral. Joe always gave me the lowest price, Jan would sometimes refuse to even give me a price.....and that guy who wears the Colts hat always gave me the highest price.

- As far as Atlantis...yeah stuff is expensive there too, tanks are allot more clean and healthy which goes a long way in my book to where i purchase from. I have seen them cut things up like you mentioned and sell for the same price....kind of annoying, but oh well....their prices are determined by interest and demand.

- Atlantis is still having a problem with some of their sps dying in the new store....hopefully they can correct that and get back to how nice the selection was before they moved.

- The carpet on the anemone tanks is to help get the anemone off without damaging it....pretty inventive if you ask me.

FWIW.......ya'll should really check out Ultimate Aquarium in Roanoke....the prices are MUCH MUCH cheaper as they have very little overhead compared to the 2 big Richmond stores. They also have more rarer corals people look for, and less of the massive grab bag colonies they get from the whole saler. Also, much less BS at UA like you get at Fish World and Atlantis.

Last edited:

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far is Ultimate from richmond?

from Richmond, I'd say 2hrs 15min. takes me bout 1hr 30min to get to Roanoke from C-ville, and 45min from C-ville to Richmond.

for you, it might be easier to just go straight down I-81 from Maryland to Roanoke.

to hit up all 3 places in 1 day....would definitely take all day to accomplish...lol but one heck of a 1 day road trip. ;)

probably score some sweet chalices at Ultimate Aquarium. ;)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 4 6.7%
Back