The cyano eater

babajuju

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to present my lovely urchin friend who likes to eat cyano and clean my frags :)
Except he’s not eating the majority of the green algae. I’ve got nassarius and one margarita. What should I get to focus on green algae? 5 gallon that’s about 2 months old.

3B658100-5FE6-4997-82D8-526C96B21E5E.jpeg C6C51698-EFCE-4FBB-AFDB-3AA9766DEEDE.jpeg

OP
OP
B

babajuju

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turbo snails are a great addition
I won’t have the urchin in the tank for much longer. I guess I’ll add a turbo and I take the urchin back. I’m just afraid of the turbo moving stuff around and crawling over coral. Idk if that’s something I need to worry about though, only two months into the hobby.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won’t have the urchin in the tank for much longer. I guess I’ll add a turbo and I take the urchin back. I’m just afraid of the turbo moving stuff around and crawling over coral. Idk if that’s something I need to worry about though, only two months into the hobby.
why are you losing the urchin? great invert to keep

OP
OP
B

babajuju

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they amazing grazers and glass cleaners. Side note, they will devour your Coraline algae if you have any.
I noticed it doing that to my acan frag that had coralline. I might have to keep it then haha. I thought coralline is good for ur tank though. I didn’t know they cleaned glass?

Back