The danger of a divider

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a nice large flame angel that was several years old. Recently I moved it out of copper treatment into my 40 gal long to observe for a few weeks for ich before going into DT. I had macroalgae in there I was trying to protect so I put in a divider of about 1' section giving the fish 3'. There was a lid over the fish side but not past the divider. I guess the angel which had never been a jumper in my large display wanted to get over the divider but instead jumped out of the tank. I feel like had there been no divider this wouldn't have happened as it had not been a jumper in any other tanks. Anyone else had this happen? I've had bad luck anytime I've tried a divider.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a nice large flame angel that was several years old. Recently I moved it out of copper treatment into my 40 gal long to observe for a few weeks for ich before going into DT. I had macroalgae in there I was trying to protect so I put in a divider of about 1' section giving the fish 3'. There was a lid over the fish side but not past the divider. I guess the angel which had never been a jumper in my large display wanted to get over the divider but instead jumped out of the tank. I feel like had there been no divider this wouldn't have happened as it had not been a jumper in any other tanks. Anyone else had this happen? I've had bad luck anytime I've tried a divider.
Agree

Back