The Great ROD'S FOOD Giveaway 2014! Win a Year's Supply of FOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slay diggity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys store your rod's food? I've been using tuperware but It seems to get a little freezer burn. I just got a new bag and was thinking about zip lock freezer bags. Any suggestions?

Rod's Food

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys store your rod's food? I've been using tuperware but It seems to get a little freezer burn. I just got a new bag and was thinking about zip lock freezer bags. Any suggestions?

It all depends on how fast you use it. A lot of our customers will take it out of the original packaging while it's frozen and put it on a cutting board and use a knife to cut it up into small chunks. Then they will put it in a ziplock freezer bag. This makes it much easier when feeding time comes. Just reach in and grab a pre-cut chunk.

SloppyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do that too. For some reason it took me a while to think to do it that way but it makes it so much easier and less messy. I keep a glass and a plastic fork in my stand. I put a little tank water in it and drop a chunk of food in. A minute later I come back and whisk the food to break it up and dump it in the tank. A little more work than dried food, but so much better for my tank.

slay diggity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on how fast you use it. A lot of our customers will take it out of the original packaging while it's frozen and put it on a cutting board and use a knife to cut it up into small chunks. Then they will put it in a ziplock freezer bag. This makes it much easier when feeding time comes. Just reach in and grab a pre-cut chunk.

Cool that's what I did at the end of the last bag. 1 big bag last about a month. Thanks, I'm gona do that with a freezer bag cause the Tupper ware wasn't so great.

SloppyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tupperware does that because of the trapped air. I try to roll my bag up lightly as to not crush the food, and then seal it to try and keep the air out.

dmac43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man what a great deal!!!
Rod.s is all my fish like to eat.
They are snobs, I tried making my own food, have had to try using other brands
when the stores in the area are all out.

But it is always back to Rod's.

My Cleaner Wrasse loves the stuff and usually has a big gut after feeding time...

Thanks Rod for the awesome food and both you and R2R for the contest.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/176968-dmacs-90-a.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back