The importance of frags...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As always, great write up, Scott. Can't wait to pay you guys a visit once my tank is ready in a couple of weeks.

Also good to see who else is selling quality frags. Although a list of who is doing it wrong would be just as valuable. ;)

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As always, great write up, Scott. Can't wait to pay you guys a visit once my tank is ready in a couple of weeks.

Also good to see who else is selling quality frags. Although a list of who is doing it wrong would be just as valuable. ;)
Are we allowed to blast the bad sellers? I would love to give my input because they are dealing poor quality for profit.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL thanks again...I think it not very constructive or good practice to bash people by name. Better to discuss (and bash) awful practices and let reefers evaluate and see for themselves who they think is doing it right based on their viewpoint. I've received an insane number of super positive PM's as a result of this post, which is really refreshing. Honestly, a year and a half ago, I would have received some very angry PM's from "anonymous" people attacking me for daring be critical of anything related to what I labeled as "bad practices." Seems like the industry and hobbyists are doing what they should do- looking critically at stuff and coming to the realization that there IS a "right" and "wrong" way to operate in this arena.

In the end, the bad actors become obvious when so many others are "doing it right", and reefers are free to "vote with their wallets", if you know what I mean! Truly awful vendors in any field eventually knock themselves out of the game because of their own stupidity, a sort of "natural selection", if you will.

That being said, it's gratifying for the many, many vendors that ARE doing it right to see that reefers recognize this, and that they will hold us to high standards. Great for the business/hobby/corals.

Thanks!

Scott

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spot on and everything I am striving for in my new venture. :thumb:

Awesome! Can't wait to see your venture take off! Just do it right, follow your values and guiding principles, don't be afraid to take a stand, no matter how unpopular- and everything else will fall into place, trust me.

-Scott

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
received my corals thanks

Attachments

• 20150429_100509.jpg
    20150429_100509.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 167

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 142 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.4%
Back