Status
Not open for further replies.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean? A VPN costs $15/yr and will give you access to hundreds of IPs

Meaning, I'm a web developer and know a spoofed IP when I see one.

We also live in the United States where there is basically no repercussions(legally speaking) for what you say on the internet or in real life.

People are arrested (inside the US) everyday for cyberstalking, making threats online, online harassment, etc.

It's not uncommon for a webmaster to be served with a subpoena for records or search warrant from a law enforcement agency.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what people fail to understand is that when someone says "cops have never done anything good for them" they mean on a personal interaction level. I've had cops pull over and offer to help change my tire when I've gotten a flat and I've had cops ask me if I had a dead baby in my glove box and straight up accuse me of buying drugs from a friend because he was from a poor black neighborhood and I'm "the only white guy the cop has ever seen there". Everyone knows cops are keeping the public safe and that is why we need them but it seems that there is a problem with police bullying the average citizen way too often.
This thread was never about anyone being bullied by police to begin with. So why people are going on about law enforcement when the OP has gotten answers is beyond me. Let it gooooooo

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who thinks it’s a good idea for OP to do a live YouTube unboxing? [emoji4]
Nah, that coral and OP have been through enough, just get it and get him in some water and under some light.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I presume happened is that your package met a certain profile for how people have been shipping opioids and/or could have had some sort of residue on it and it got picked up by a dog (thus the drug enforcement people they suggested you contact. Once it's with them - even if it's all clear when they open it and see what's inside - I can't imagine they have anyone in charge of getting the false positives back into the postal system. It is what it is.
Unacceptable.

A large portion of household substances can yield false positives and it has been proven to have led to both false charges and false arrests.

Dogs are much better but still not 100%.

I really have no problem with them checking though. What i have a problem with is dalaying live stock and tve 24 hours of no one knowing what's going on.

I work in healthcare. I sm sitting here imagining the fecal storm that i would have to deal with if due to an administrative mix up i lost someones newborn child for 24 hours.

Extreme example i know. And it's Probably happened before truth be told.

Be that as it may, noting wrong with having high standards.

No one uses mail any more.

If it were not for online shopping the UPS and USPS would both be bankrupt and put of buisness.

Last edited:

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I want to get involved with any ignorant conversation ,BUT for you to say "cops have never done anything good for you"??? Do you sleep well at night feeling good there is no bad guys around your house , or, your family is safe just because??? You may want to rethink your comment! Respect ,but , reread what you posted
Actually. I know that wasn't directed at me but...

I know there are bad guys on the streets and no, i dont sleep well knowing there are police around.

The supreme court has ruled many times over that local law enforcement has zero liability if any thing happens to you do to criminal activity. As such, the burden to protect oneself is legally the sole responsibility of the individual.

What does help me sleep are the 3 motion sensors, 4 motion activated lights, 360 degree camera surveillance around my property, the shot gun in the corner and the .45 on my night stand.

In a real emergency utilizing 911 for protection is about as useful as throwing a paper towel at an MMA fighter.

The police response can be relied upon to draw chalk outlines and put up tape, but not much more.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys please keep this discussion on topic. It was started to discuss what happened with a bounce shroom and has turned into something completely different. We have let it go pretty far but we are asking you bring it back to the original topic or not post in the thread. I would hate to see the thread closed because it went so far off topic.
Thank you,
-Team R2R

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys please keep this discussion on topic. It was started to discuss what happened with a bounce shroom and has turned into something completely different. We have let it go pretty far but we are asking you bring it back to the original topic or not post in the thread. I would hate to see the thread closed because it went so far off topic.
Thank you,
-Team R2R
Fair enough.

We will be awaiting pictures of this shroom...

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just more confused by your immediate need to use a insult directed at me for what I still say is an over-reaction. Calling me not smart on the basis of nothing was pretty unnecessary. If the person is only targeting one individual on this forum in an attempt to cause harm to that person then I would agree with you on the cyberstalking but it seems to be more than that. I'm glad you can tell a spoofed IP when you see one, I'm pretty good at that too ;)
If you have an issue, please direct message humblefish, they're trying to get this thread back on track, and I would like to know the status update of OP before the thread gets locked.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to pursue this as far as I can go.
It's not over until the *** lady sings.

The interesting thing is that they said the package has not even been opened so I'm wondering how they even inspected it?
Drug dog ? someone said a bounce is basicly a tumor who knows maybe they X-rayed the thing and gave it more bounce, anyhow best of luck with your NUCLEAR bounce.
Seriously, I hope everything turns out well

Last edited:

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shroom Their yet!?

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The package was insured but I highly doubt UPS is going to allow us to claim it. We're still going to try obviously but we shall see.

Please tell us what happens....this is great! Almost like the time that guy got manhandled and carried off the plane like a radical terrorist. Lol. You may want to head to Canada [emoji1063] [emoji23][emoji1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 98 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 49.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.4%
Back