The Synergy Reef v2 Official build - 48" x 36" x 30"

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So here is what we are currently working on. Integration into our sump line with the Turbo's Aquatics ATS line. I am testing the L4 version that @Floyd R Turbo has just released on this tank. I have been battling very high nitrates over the last few months and water changes have not put a dent in it. Going to be testing some different mounting configurations with this unit. Here is the unit just sitting on the CL-44 model we are using.
20160916_100951.jpg

This could be a marriage made in heaven! HA! So you're considering creating a line of sumps with the scrubber built in?

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is what we are currently working on. Integration into our sump line with the Turbo's Aquatics ATS line. I am testing the L4 version that @Floyd R Turbo has just released on this tank. I have been battling very high nitrates over the last few months and water changes have not put a dent in it. Going to be testing some different mounting configurations with this unit. Here is the unit just sitting on the CL-44 model we are using.
20160916_100951.jpg
Ill take a set for my new build.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160916_100951.jpg
That looks like a perfect fit!! I'll get you all the rest of the parts very soon so you can get that up and running

OP
OP
M

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could be a marriage made in heaven! HA! So you're considering creating a line of sumps with the scrubber built in?

Thanks David! Bud and I have been talking about this for a long time. We possibly could be thinking that ;)

Ill take a set for my new build.

Right now we are just working on our 34 and 44 models. Shoot us an email if you're interested.

That looks like a perfect fit!! I'll get you all the rest of the parts very soon so you can get that up and running

Seems to be spot on! So for this CL-44 we can use 2 brackets. It securely locks it in place and is easily removable. Here are a couple pics of the prototype.

20160916_131247.jpg

20160916_131409.jpg

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now we are just working on our 34 and 44 models. Shoot us an email if you're interested.

I am currently on your site now & will email you shortly with some questions regarding.

I've been researching sumps for a couple months now, I think this setup is what I am looking for.

OP
OP
M

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mixer911 the L2 you have should be good to go though unless someone snagged any of the parts off the table at MACNA :oops:

Got everything for the L2. I think it will go great with our 34 sumps. I can make the L4 work with what I have here :)

I am currently on your site now & will email you shortly with some questions regarding.

I've been researching sumps for a couple months now, I think this setup is what I am looking for.

Awesome, just shoot us an email and will see what we can do.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Must be awesome to fabricate anything you need! :p

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick when will these bracket be available, I'm presently waiting on an L4, and I have one of your custom sumps. secondly how does it lock in place, is it using the base of the ATS?

OP
OP
M

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick when will these bracket be available, I'm presently waiting on an L4, and I have one of your custom sumps. secondly how does it lock in place, is it using the base of the ATS?

Hey Floyd. I can see what I can do for you. It's been a while, I'll see if I have your cad files still saved. It does require drilling a couple holes thru the base side channels for some thumbscrews to go thru and hold it onto the brackets.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mixer911 is that bracket w/thumbscrews on both ends or just one end?

Edit: Nvm I saw the post, both ends. Question: can you still slide the light fixture off with the thumbscrews installed? I'm guessing not but that's not a problem since you don't really ever have to remove them after it's in place

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Floyd. I can see what I can do for you. It's been a while, I'll see if I have your cad files still saved. It does require drilling a couple holes thru the base side channels for some thumbscrews to go thru and hold it onto the brackets.
Thanks Rick, will be waiting to hear from you. The latest sumps you have done have been off the chart, I wouldn't hide them under a stand either. Sweet!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a full shot of the engine compartment. L4 is online and running. Now for some algae to start growing! Hopefully I can knock down these nitrates I have been dealing with.

876c429f991594bd95a538c29374929e.jpg

Beast!!!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back