Tiny Black bugs ID

Flax75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

2 weeks ago I noticed that tiny creatures (about 1mm length) in my tank and now there is a plenty of it. They live in sand and they mostly appear at night moving quickly even over rocks.
Can you help me identify these organisms? 29430E4B-4266-4799-A00A-9AD8EF4CA714.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7947.MOV
    26.2 MB

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure just not ampripods as look quite large in the blurry picture,I'm just in middle of trying download your video to watch.
It's best to upload video to YouTube then share link as easier for others to help you

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juat downloaded and watched video,looks to me just ampripods with curving off the body like that but video not the best to see close up clearly,had to zoom in whilst watching video let me share common hitch hikers fir you as you can see the best in person

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here you go,look at the pods and see if thats them.
Usually where we find the micro fauna is what it eats,so if find on fish then fish parasite ,find on coral then coral pest,find on r9cks sand then algae/detritus eater etc
Not always but good indicator.

Good luck

OP
OP
F

Flax75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juat downloaded and watched video,looks to me just ampripods with curving off the body like that but video not the best to see close up clearly,had to zoom in whilst watching video let me share common hitch hikers fir you as you can see the best in person

Thank you very much for your help. I looked closer and I can spot bit curving off the body. I am dosing live phyto and looks like they helping me with dinoflagellates.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for your help. I looked closer and I can spot bit curving off the body. I am dosing live phyto and looks like they helping me with dinoflagellates.
Your very much welcome,so you think what your seeing is ampripods ? If so,like you say they part of our micro cuc and beneficial and make little tasty snacks for quite alot of fishes ^_^

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back