300 litre with sump

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello welcome to my build thread on a aqua one 300 reef ( believe is around 80 us gallons)
Had dt running about 5 weeks at moment and first week or so ghost feeding every other day then left for 1 .5 weeks then started adding doctor tims amnonia chloride and seachem stabilty for 7 days and and done nothing for about 2 weeks now ( amnonia staying put at 1ppm and 0.25 ppm on a api test kit)
Got qt cycled using doctor tims one and only and amnonian chloride and after 22 days i joined reef 2 reef and asked advice on " is my qt cycled ) after reading lots threads saying nitrite in a salt water tank shouldnt even be tested for as chloride in salt stops the fish intaking nitrite so not toxic,most agreed even though my api test kit read 2 or maybe 5ppm nitrite ( even after a 90% water change ,i know sounds strange but did test correctly and thats what it said and still says ) coming from just under 10 years in freshwater side of fish keeping adding fish to a tank which shows high pevel of nitrite isnt good idea,but i went along with it and bought 2 common clown fish ( i wanted 2 black ice clown fish but my 3 year old daughter pointed out to me " nemo is orange " and she wants nemo so she won ) plus alot cheaper and common clownfish still nice looking fish.after accliminising them i noticed straight away one had clamped fins and big lumps behind each eye ,so now im ummm i naively thought got qt tank but just be observong fish for one month and all be and possibly need medications but be after 1 year ( how wrong i was .) I just took both first fish back and changed for another 2 clownfish from same tank at lfs ( as this thread progresses we shall find out if i made wrong decision by not returning fish and going fallow for 6 weeks ( as got told possible brook,or for 76 days to eradicate most parasites.

Current fts 26/04/22 in blue/white,only just found out could do this ^_^

Screenshot_20210421-231520_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220427-151700_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220427-151708_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually bought this dt about 5 years ago but due to holidays then another 3 weeks later then 2 months after again then ill health was just not well/strong enough to set up a reef tank so sat empty in living room until roughly 2 months ago and at this time the 3- 4 hours each day watching you tube videos and reading articles on everything i could think was needed to research ( also 5 years ago 3- 4 hours a day researching for few months) .up until 2 months ago i had most the equipment needed,just needed fish net,bacteria in bottle,amnonian chloride, salt,qt tank ,lights for inside cabinet.so first thing i think is how will i have the rocks so thought i just stack them in and epoxy them together so started arranging them on floor and in tank different ways.
Current fts in blue and white light ^_^ only just found put can do this lol 26/04/22
Screenshot_20210421-230717_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210421-230737_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210421-230802_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then seen a brs video on nsa ( negative space aquascape ) and knowing from my freshwater tanks ( which i have 3 set up at moment and recently sold one to a neighbour) i knew if just stacked rocks on the glass and added sand,that higher chance of detritus to gather on or around or under sand near base of rocks and have less flow in tank if wanted to go into sps corals later down the line ( currently i think soft and lfs corals that move/ sway look more beautiful than a stony coral ( which i hear alot newbies think this way,so be interesting to see as my reef hobby progresses will i start liking sps more or not.so with my dry rock i decided to start gluing my aqua scape together wanting just one base rock touching bottom glass and rest rising upto 2/3rds towards top of aquarium ( but im like umm what glue i use ?) So more hours research into different techniques of gluing.went with Cyanoacrylate glue but not a gel .wanted a less viscious glue as possible i am getting told watching you tube videos so started making my 2 structures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-230747_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-230747_Gallery.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_20210421-231026_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-231026_Gallery.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_20210421-230951_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-230951_Gallery.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_20210421-230919_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-230919_Gallery.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_20210421-230828_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-230828_Gallery.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 198
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well made first structure no problem using my 2 tester tubs glue i bought as thought possible need 8 in total but is it good enough i do not know as never glued rocks together ^_^ .so ordered 4 more so now so far on glue im £ 7 each glue as could not get bigger pot ( was like world shortage on superglue or some mad thong like this which guy in tidal gardens video also stated he had trouble ordering glue so 2x 7 then another 4x7 plus p and p im £ 17 plus £31 so im thinking ummm do i need add mortar to finished structure as lots flow in reef tanks from power heads/return pumps so dont want it breaking apart after 1 year etc so im thinking maybe should just stacked the rocks ( the scrooge part my brain) then the it needs to look as good as you can part my brain over ruled) well 2nd structure used all 4 tubs glue ( i think 50 ml) and im happy as pig in muck withy cave and cut throughs and arch's but due to it being past midnight and mrs and baby asleep i choose not to dismantle hood/lights and get step ladder out so decided to carry in spare bedroom ( i live in flat/apartment so all same level) walked into bedroom then worse possible thing happenned ,SMASH BANG WHALLOP.it only started falling apart in my hands, tried saving the now 10 pieces in my hands but my 2 hands just wasn't upto it.so now laminate floor chipped and my rock structure im so happy about in 30 or so pieces on floor followed by mrs running in ****** and blinding whats going on ? You not seen the time ? I say well least i didn't place in tank out the way and smashed tank and proceded to laugh ( laughing after waking mrs up and chipping floor as rocks hit floor not best thing i could done in that situation ^_^ but i was lucky didn't put in tank as could of had no tank now.had all rock bought 5 years ago but if look above in pictures you see what looks like a finger brancing coral it sightly darker colour than others.local national lfs store assured me it rock and not plastic ( even though sounded like plastic when knocked on it with knuckles) but i think problem was it had loose/brittle sand like material on outside of it and the glue just didn't tale to it and as glued it bang in middle of structure,it just gave way at multiply points all causing more to break away in ripple effect of destruction ( mrs not around so i LOL ,but dont tell her i still laugh about it ha ha ) below is the rocks i could salvage

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-230925_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-230925_Gallery.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 209
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought another 4 x glue at another £31 and Finished 2 structures.notice left structure much much more mortar on than right structure.this the structure that smashed.
By the way ended up playing it safe using aqua forest aquarium safe mortar mix £ 9.99 per 1.5kg packet and got 2 .
So choosing to glue rocks together cost £ 20 in mortar and a eye watering £79 in glue so total £ 100 or there abouts which i think like is about $ 140 us dollars, yeah this hobby not cheap i know

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-231520_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-231520_Gallery.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 200
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was worried that adding rocks then sand then adding rodi water then salt would possible get some the salt crystals to fall into the sand and not mix properley and my salinity keep rising as time went on if sand got disturbed ( i know daft thinking but it was genuine concern so decided to add rock structures then rodi water ( which by the way in the 5 years i not even leak tested the tank but get to that part soon pffft.) Then add salt mixing it in the tank as not got big enough container to mix salt and still not as of yet ,got about roughly 2 80 litre containers,plastering bucket and just a bucket both without lids and use them for siphoning/filling my 3 fresh water tanks so didnt want any cross contamination so will buy i think its a 121 litre brute bin with lid soon.so off course got massive sand storm in tank so didn't add salt for 2 days ( instant ocean purple bucket) just got cheap as no corals as of yet.then mixed salt and got sg of 1.020 and filled more rodi into tank so went over the overflow into sump and turned on return pump and checked for leaks,yes had leak on a cracked tank connector attached to flexible hosing from return pump which squirting out side near top towards my wall paper ( at this point im thinking you must be bloody joking) so as a plumbing and heating engineer i think i can fix this but need quick fix till morning when can get to plumbing merchants and buy some decent pipe/fittings and solvent weld the whole return section of pipework together .yp5u thinking why all the return pipework make new when only one of the 12 pieces got the problem.well on researching the pipework set and if can just buy tank connector aqua one states " the pipework may get brittle and need changing periodically" so did this mean after 1 year or 10 years or 100 years i did not know.but either way i needed a quick fix so decided to use a bike puncture repair kit to glue over the hair line crack running from top of tank connector about 1 inch down but first used some solvent weld glue to literally melt the plastic around the crack together then puncture repair over that.IT WORKED SORT OF,went from spraying out to a steady drip into the sump .decided to ring aqua one and see if just sold the one fitting i actually need and redo all pipework at later date.manufacturer tell me warranty ovbiously not in date so would be chargeable and would do there best to see if can find part which they did and rang me next morning but said cannot sell me it and i need to find local lfs that gpt account with them and get them to ring up amd order it and i buy from lfs so my scrooge part brain working over time " telling me 20 pence part to manufacture going get sold to lfs for £ 20 and i buy from lfs for £ 30 so i say ok i will ring lfs now so ring lfs and say ring them up tell them my name and i need this part etc etc but get a price for me please as if its like £ 30 -£ 40 you can bugger off so to speak i will make complete pipework set myself for much less so he says sure i will ask.30 minutes passes and lfs ring me up saying ok all sorted its ordered maybe here tommorrow ( good friday as it easter time) if not then saturday,asked how much ? They tell me wont get a price till part arrives and they get invoice/bill which found quite strange .so i ring friday and saturday and not delivered so ring monday still npt there.so as day by day passes im thinking i got 300 litres of water in dt and about 50 litres in sump and retirn pump running and i will wake up with burnt out pump and water all over floor so im panicking like crazy ( should turned return pump off , but did i mention scrooge part my head speaks to me often and told me dont want waste salt ( could kept mixing with power heads and just through sump water away) so tuesday lfs closed for what reason idk and wednesday i ring up saying right either me or you needs ring up aqua one and make sure not forgot about posting part and still sat on desk so lfs said sure you ring them it wont hurt so rang manufacture saying ringing just incase still sat on desk and he laughs at me saying well it still sat on my desk as cant post till lfs orders it ( turns out lfs rang them up saying wanted order part but didnt follow it up by going through proper online order way or something so by me not getting a price makes sense now.so ring lfs saying sort this out and agree price with manufacture and order correctly please as i had rubber puncture repair kit holding back all this water lol so hey presto next day i get my part and swap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-231438_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-231438_Gallery.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_20210421-231541_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-231541_Gallery.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 232
  • Screenshot_20210421-231547_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-231547_Gallery.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 187
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,so far dt tank up and running for roughly 5 weeks but api test kit tells me amnonia still 1ppm and not rising or falling from 2 weeks now lol.got 2 clownfish in qt but getting late so will tommorrow tell you my struggles with very first ever salt water fish and equipment list and how far im upto and what i will be buying shortly and improvements i have planned for future.thanks for reading so far and will try get more to the point little quicker as i can waffle on far to long i know this ( maybe it all these voices that talk to me ha ha ) im not crazy was just a joke if any taking seriously,well am little crazy for saying it but aw well im ok with that ^_^.
Ok until next time and hope all going well for yourselves and your family.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AquaReef from Aqua One is a purpose designed systemised salt water aquarium, and the stunning good looks are just the start. The use of white opti glass symbolises the quality found throughout. Construction materials like plastic, glass and the alloy space frame ensure they are fully impervious to the effects of salt.

All models come with glass sump, pipe work, filtration media, heater, protein skimmer, circulation pump and our incredible quadrolite four tube T5 lighting system.

Volume - 300 Litres.
Aquarium = 52d x 102w x 88h cm
Heater - 2 x 200w
Lighting - 4 x 39w T5
Filtration - Sump Filter
Glass - 10mm
Info from manufacturer. 2 blue,2 white t 5 tubes. But as got glass brasing top of tank thinking least buy 1 set of leds ( not decided which as of yet) to sit on the glass ledges at edge and be above the 2 glass panels.
Standard skimmer that come with the tank ( not set up yet.will set up in next 1- 2 weeks adding vegetable oil to top of collection cup so as air bubbles hit it the pop straight away.not decided if will add skimmer externally hanging on side of sump or in middle chamber ( little concerned about leakeges and first tank with sump.read a full chat on aqua one users group about little tricks/tips to make it run smoother and alot good reviews about the skimmer saying once got tuned in it works great and other tips like remove wet/dry filter and either remove top lipped glass where plastic sheet laid or put a length of air line tubing into this section and stops the water fall effect so quietens it down.also got sponges in first compartment where flow enters sump ( not sure if should remove this and extend pipe under water ( dont want nitrates building up,but will decide as time goes on.will just be like filter socks in having to clean/rinse regulary ,May upgrade skimmer but see how good this acts.
Pump is which came with tank 3600 litres a hour,may upgrade but if it works then it works.
Made little mistake and got legs to high so once full of water i press on tank and tank gently moves side to side.local lfs say because legs to high and they fixed this by adding some wood under the frame of tank which have temporarily done but need permanently do this.
Heaters are 2x 200 watt that come with tank.
Wave makers/controllers/power heads are from all pond solutions which are re-branded jebao apparantly and paid £ 107 for 2 of them and seem to be doing ok but early days.
As i get more into the hobby and things break then will consider buying more expensive products but just didnt have finances to be spending on everything expensive. Im like £ 2000 into this tank so far so thats enough for time being.
Rock bought 5 years ago so no clue what it is.just dry man made rock i believe.
Sand bought 5 years ago and came in clear weaved plastic bag with just a price on it so no clue what it is i think maybe pink fiji as got specks of pink/red in it.
Rodi is a vyair 4 stage unit plumbed in under my sink.
V2 refractometre with built in automatic temperature compensation.was going buy some 35 ppt solution to calibrate it but lfs recommended just using rodi ( mixed reviews on r2r i see )
Lights in cabinet just cheap battery powered leds with remote.
Dosing i may or may not do in the future.as stated above i more interested in softties and lps as like the movement and would like to grow gsp on my back glass and overflow,have couple island rocks with zoa's,some frogspawn and possible a anemone as progress into the salt water side of hobby .and just the easier to keep corals in general which will be getting dipped and going into a coral qt ( which not yet purchased) and removing as much of the frag plug or rock as i can to limit amount pests i get ( still uncertain of whether going qt and trying not have pests/parasites etc is way to go or try keep as natural as possible ( i understand oceans much larger and pests/ dieseses much more spread out than in a small tank) but part of me saying eco system is just that and needs little of everything in balance but so far more swayed to the qt method but we shall see as time goes by.

Attachments

• 20210422_134910.jpg
    20210422_134910.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 20210422_135917.jpg
    20210422_135917.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 189
  • 20210422_135952.jpg
    20210422_135952.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_20210421-231146_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-231146_Gallery.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20210421-231151_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-231151_Gallery.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 173
  • 20210422_143308.jpg
    20210422_143308.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 20210422_143326.jpg
    20210422_143326.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 171
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With regards to qt i naively thought that i just observe fish in qt and maybe in 1- 2 years i encounter dieseses/parasite but very first fish i bought one according to guy who knowledgable on r2r thinks was brook.some other said not brook as fish already be dead.i ended up swapping them for another 2 clownfish which in much better health but in same qt tank so will see if my impatience will be my undoing of not going fallow for 6 weeks - 76 days or not.lfs said looked like flukes.
Both fish looked ok in lfs but when in jug as im acliminitating them noticed some abnormal thing on its head and once in qt i zoomed in on phone and noticed white lumps behind each eye ,clamped fins and next morning looked like slime coat peeling.lfs said that could be from aggression
First is pictures from straight after fish in qt.then after pictures after 2 days in morning with white lump/ parasite moved and peeling slime coat.
Had to wait two days as bought fish monday at 5.15pm and lfs closed at 5.30 and tuesday they shut all day.so had to exchange on wednesday

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-145830_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-145830_Chrome.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_20210422-145834_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-145834_Chrome.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20210422-145843_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-145843_Chrome.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot_20210422-145907_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-145907_Chrome.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_20210422-145913_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-145913_Chrome.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20210422-145918_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-145918_Chrome.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20210422-145923_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-145923_Chrome.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for controllers/monitors like apex they look cool and all that and sure serve a good purpose but if actually need them or not im undecided as of yet.
Will be buying salifert amnonia and nitrate test kit as hear there more reliable.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Qt tank 54 litre / i think 15 us gallons.
Plastic bio balls at bottom for extra surface area.internal filter with sponge in one compartment and plastic bio balls in other.
Another internal filter with no sponge just for flow but had to turn off as 2nd lot clownfish decided want stay in back left corner where got flow faced and was to much for them .will maybe reposition outlet.airstone,small heater and few plastic ornaments for hiding places and request of 3 year old daughter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-151555_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-151555_Chrome.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20210422-151610_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-151610_Chrome.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20210422-151619_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-151619_Chrome.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_20210422-151625_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-151625_Chrome.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 158
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone reading this and any suggestions/tips on a aqua one 300 reef or any tips about saltwater reef tanks in general or if im doing anything wrong or correct then please a comment.all feedback appreciated and hope you having good day ^_^

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knew i forgot something.a tmc v2 auto top up device.currently not set up as still showing 1ppm amnonia on api test kit after 5 weeks wet tank and using seachem stabilty for 1 week and ghost feedong first week of set up.been told tank cycled after 1 week being wet and especially since added flakes and amnonian chloride and stabilty and to ignore api 1ppm amnonia reading but for my peace of mind i would like it to drop lower in next month while fish in qt.
Going siphon some bacteria looking stuff in sump attached to pump and pump wires incase its the flake food not broke down yet and releasing amnonia bit doubt bacteria be lessining the amnonia and food breaken down and be exact 1ppm amnonia as so unlikely so i believe api mis read .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-180744_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-180744_Chrome.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 221

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My you have been prolific with your updates on here. BTW I had an aquareef 300 a few years back and in fact ran an Aquareef Facebook group for sometime before closing it. Many of us ditch the AR skimmer and made mods to the sump removing baffles etc.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i can waffle on somewhat ha ha.
Was reading some aqua one group ( maybe one ypu started if i could of accessed it the other month) yeah removing glass lips or complete baffles to fit another skimmer in sump and reading most complaints mainly due to noise but one thing that surprised me was skimmer doesnt even fit in compartment they tell you to put in ( front left chamber) if you put guard on pump or something like that.not even tried my skimmer yet to see.if doesnt do job it needs to do and keeps flooding or not getting it to skim then will upgrade it as in my research so far skimmer seems to be such an important part of a reef system.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if already said this but if got another tank it wouldnt be so tall as im 6,1 and longish arms but it hard to reach into aquarium so would prefered 6 inch lower but little longer and would be more surface area and could do better aqua scape for coral attachments and easier to add corals etc etc but its first tank and happy with it so far ( even not really started lol )
Aw the overflow section in middle of tank limited my aquascape also so again if got another tank would prefer overflow to go out top of tank and down the back so more room in tank.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i can waffle on somewhat ha ha.
Was reading some aqua one group ( maybe one ypu started if i could of accessed it the other month) yeah removing glass lips or complete baffles to fit another skimmer in sump and reading most complaints mainly due to noise but one thing that surprised me was skimmer doesnt even fit in compartment they tell you to put in ( front left chamber) if you put guard on pump or something like that.not even tried my skimmer yet to see.if doesnt do job it needs to do and keeps flooding or not getting it to skim then will upgrade it as in my research so far skimmer seems to be such an important part of a reef system.
You must have the later version of the Aquareef as when I have the FB group the slimmer sat outside the sump which was also a problem as the skimmer had a tendency of overflowing that is why people removed baffles to fit a different skimmer and bin the AR one.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today started a thread " cycling/ chemistry question "
As after 6 weeks my amnonia on my api test kit still reading 2ppm and not added amnonian chloride for 2 weekish and not ghost fed for maybe 4- 5 weeks so remembered watching a you tube video from aquaforest on mixing instructions for the mortar i used and says in video use rodi water ( watched video after i used mortar to stick rocks together to make my structures) at the time and still now i cannot see anywhere on wrapper it came in to use rodi water to used regular tap water undeclorinated,not sure if they say in video to use rodi to keep posdible phospates/nitrates to a minumum incase stores in the water and slowly leaches out causing more algae or if the chlorine/ chloramines in the tap water slowly leach out and as im cycling and wanting bacteria to colonise im killing it off with the chlorine was my concern and why i posted the thread today and sure i read something somewhere that amnonia gets added to the chlorine at water treatment stage or amnonia one of the chemical reactions that takes place.either way i asked the question and no one said using undeclorinated tap water to make the mortar mix would cause the amnonia to be giving 2ppm readings all the time even though no amnonia source been added for quite some time so today....
Amnonia 2ppm.
Nitrite slightly rised to 0.5 ppm from always being 0.25 for last few weeks .
Nitrate 10- 20ppm but closer to 10ppm.
Ph 8.0
Temp 25- 26 c
Hopefully im just having a api misread on my water and now after 6 weeks my tank actually cycled as my head thinking all kinds ( 1 being that lfs that mrs bought 2 white 6- 10 inch rocks from told her they only get pebbles if a customer tears down a tank and gives them to the lfs for free and they re- sell them on.it got me thinking what of the rocks mrs bought the other week was in customers tank and amnonia sky high ( or even customer literally poured amnonian chloride over the rocks out of spite as not happy with lfs then give to lfs) i know this highly unlikely but some peoples heads are twisted ha ha but i read rocks can take in chemicals from the medications amd reason why shouldnt have them in qt so i took white rocks out last night just incase and replaced with 1 largish and 5 smaller pieces of rocks that will have as places to put my zoas on little islands or maybe even pulsing xenia as hear it best to isolate these corals best you can so dont spread as much.so will keep checking amnonia every day or 2 and see whats happenning

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 97 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back