OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well looking like won't be getting my green and red/orange montis spiralling up together as looked like red one was stinging green one every night and killing part off it off where they meet and then red one growing over green one,then few weeks back did water change and sg was little low and I know not to add salt directly to tank with livestock in it but have done before adding to overflow in dt so got longer to travel before getting back to dt and never had trouble but this time added some heavily salted water in small jug that only mixed for a minute or so by twirling around in jug so not really mixed at all and added to second chamber off sump but could see the crystals quickly go through sump into pump chamber then back to dt pffft then next morning see the green monti bleached white on the outside edge of it where new growth was since owned monti then next day completely white but red monti just fine,but looking these last few weeks since and see a tint off green to it here and there so we'll see ^_^
Did take this video as looked like a little critter/insect dragon fly looking thing clinging to edge off bleached monti,looks like couple off legs holding on with long slender body and other things I thought looked like so some mad critter or just algae and my imagination running wild ha ha

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking my youtube account and lots off videos I downloaded and meant to share here but forgot, but after pulling gsp out tank and dipping after kept finding sea slugs,found 2 off what look like very small dorvidea worms and some really small bristle worms, so these didn't go back in tank but sure there be more in tank as seems I've got quite a few hitch hikers from coral frags ,some good,some unsure and some outright coral pests .

But anyway apart from monti bleaching and gsp finding slugs galore and not opening for long times often and polyps missing,everything going good in tank,ywg been 2 months since seen it so probably a goner so will need to replace him when can get to lfs but more than likely be after next holiday in 3 weeks,still got tiger pistol shrimp but seems like I hear popping from another place in tank than where pistol shrimp is but may have burrows in places I don't think is,but know cant be at back off tank as can see glass in a small area and rest of sand then goes steeply uphill so hopefully I not got a hitch hiker pistol shrimp or mantis,as mind going west thinking if so has it killed ywg and 2 tuxedo urchins months ago and now in 15 months had 3 conchs and last one only lasted about a month or 2 ,bit also suspected polyclad flatworm but only a guess and could be completely off with that guess lol

Here suspected polyclad flatworm which was only small as can see it next to a pod in video but could have big brothers and mamma and dadda In tank also who knows.
I know they can eat snails/conches and torches and lost 3 off each but hopefully just my paranoid head lol

But not stressing as what will be will be ^_^

Back