OP
OP
sikorskys

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you related to the helicopter Sikorskys?

That's one of the most popular questions I hear :) No, I'm not (as far as I know) :)

I believe, my last name comes from "sikorka", i.e "t it" (bird) in Polish. So, Sikorsky should be quite popular last name in Poland and Eastern Europe.

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you new at this or an experienced reefer...I have a fabulous book that I'll recommend, available on Amazon in Kindle or paper form...do you get Amazon in the UKraine?

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dripping a chromis right now :)
Good luck with your chromis...my reading tells me that they need lots of swimming room...even with my 10, I decided against one...great schoolers in a larger tank...the book that I mentioned will outline all of that...good information is the key in this hobby...if you would like...there are other invaluable books...the 101 Best Nano- Reef Species by Scott W. Michaels will help you a lot when picking fish and inverts...

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if you got my post to you and a few others about The Nano Reef Handbook by Chris Brightwell...great book, has all the basics for your tank...available at Amazon in Kimble or paper...

OP
OP
sikorskys

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you new at this or an experienced reefer...I have a fabulous book that I'll recommend, available on Amazon in Kindle or paper form...do you get Amazon in the UKraine?

Sure, I have Amazon account and Kindle Touch.

OP
OP
sikorskys

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if you got my post to you and a few others about The Nano Reef Handbook by Chris Brightwell...great book, has all the basics for your tank...available at Amazon in Kimble or paper...

Thanks, I'll look into it.

As for me, the most important "book" one needs to run a pico reef is a solid water change schedule :)

OP
OP
sikorskys

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your chromis...my reading tells me that they need lots of swimming room...even with my 10, I decided against one...great schoolers in a larger tank...the book that I mentioned will outline all of that...good information is the key in this hobby...if you would like...there are other invaluable books...the 101 Best Nano- Reef Species by Scott W. Michaels will help you a lot when picking fish and inverts...

Single blue-green chromis is not the best choice, especially for 2g. But I need a swimming fish to make this tank truly alive (not crawling one like a goby).

Chromis is the cheapest one I could get and it stays small enough. By the way, it looks cool :)

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other choices include the chalk bass and fire fish...I hope your chromis does OK, but they do get pretty big...I will have those two plus a yellow watchman/ shrimp combo...all peaceful, the first two are swimmers...did you say a 2 gal?...I didn't realize it was that small...get these books, they will save you heartbreak and $ and animals...

OP
OP
sikorskys

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other choices include the chalk bass and fire fish...

Never heard of halk bass. I mean, there is no such fish in my country for sale. Fire fish would be good, but it was five times more expensive. As you know, this is a reef on budged, so... I have a chromis now :)

get these books, they will save you heartbreak and $ and animals...

Thank you. Those books may be interesting to read, but I don't think there is something new for me in them. I do know what I'm doing and (especially) why, no heartbreaks are planned :)

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe me...I am hoping that you do well!...I'm just passing on what I have read from these sources and I realize that your resources both moneywise and in terms of what is available to you are limited...let me know how it goes...Ken

OP
OP
sikorskys

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe me...I am hoping that you do well!...I'm just passing on what I have read from these sources and I realize that your resources both moneywise and in terms of what is available to you are limited...let me know how it goes...Ken

Thank you, I appreciate it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back