Top rim unlevel?

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im building a partly enclosed canopy, the design I was going with has a frame that rests on the whole front and two sides, instead of just the corners. After a couple days of scratching my head I rechecked level on everything. The cabinet is perfectly level, the top of the cabinet is perfectly level, the bottom plastic rim is perfectly level, the bottom tank glass is perfectly level, the plastic rim on top dips down 1/8" in the center.

Question: I dont think this should affect the integrity of the tank, what do you guys think?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a rimmed tank I wouldn't think it's a problem. My understanding is the rim is for blowing and has nothing to do with supporting load. I've been known to cut chunks out of the top rim to mount lights. I've don't it more than once with no issues.

OP
OP
R

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a rimmed tank I wouldn't think it's a problem. My understanding is the rim is for blowing and has nothing to do with supporting load. I've been known to cut chunks out of the top rim to mount lights. I've don't it more than once with no issues.
Thats what I figured I just never noticed one be slightly misshapened like this.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back