Torch inflated heavily and with tentacles sticking out still like a hedgehog. What is that?

MikeCRK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I have just noticed something really odd.
My favorite torch (now is behaving as usual) inflated itself heavily and with the tentacles sticking out still like the hedgehog.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

Nothing changed around it, no fish or other critter bothered it, the torch next to it is there together for two months now with zero issues. Was not feeding them either.

Now it is coming back to its regular waivey behavior but it was super bizarre to see, it was like an evergreen for Christmas for a few moments!

Have you experienced same? What could be causing it? Both heads are really healthy and happy all the time :) And now fully back to their regular "torching"

Fiona22222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I have just noticed something really odd.
My favorite torch (now is behaving as usual) inflated itself heavily and with the tentacles sticking out still like the hedgehog.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

Nothing changed around it, no fish or other critter bothered it, the torch next to it is there together for two months now with zero issues. Was not feeding them either.

Now it is coming back to its regular waivey behavior but it was super bizarre to see, it was like an evergreen for Christmas for a few moments!

Have you experienced same? What could be causing it? Both heads are really healthy and happy all the time :) And now fully back to their regular "torching"

I'm totally new to the hobby lol so I'm afraid I can't really give advice but I wanted to say that torch looked incredible, I loved how it glowed and looked fluorescent!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks healthy as drooping would be an issue and may be preparing to split. Feed it mysis shrimp 2x a week

OP
OP
MikeCRK

MikeCRK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks healthy as drooping would be an issue and may be preparing to split. Feed it mysis shrimp 2x a week

Yeah I suspect it is getting ready to split. Now back to normal, but for a while it was really like watching a character from a cartoon plugged to a socket ;)

They got mysis and reefroids every four days ;)

OP
OP
MikeCRK

MikeCRK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either this happens when light turn on, light shock or it’s responding to much of the white light entering the tank

Neither of. The lights are same last two months (AI Blade Grow) and set to gradually come in/out (with Tidal Gardens setup). It was a one time event. It happened like 2 hours after the lights went on.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back