• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Torches! Og Bounce! Local pick up or shipping

Aaron Soliz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if you take it at face value what he copped to, Eli doesn’t own the Venmo account. He says he got roped into it by another friend/person. That person is clearly part of the poker group, but he didn’t want to give him up. So the Venmo account in this explanation belongs to the person we didn’t identify but was working in concert with Eli the whole time. They split the money 50/50 according to what he told me, and Eli covered the other guy’s half when he paid us back. So he either is out $975, or will claw it back from his partner and will only be out the PayPal fee. But yeah, there could be another guy getting away with it, but Venmo won’t share that information and they seem to have not even shut his account down. I mean what a world

I just got caught up after a crazy day but I see that it was just as crazy for you! All i can say is wow!! I give you major props on finding this guy and even getting all the money back. Congrats on that! You killed it! Cheers mate.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome job. I am so glad to hear that he did the right thing. I am also glad that the members of the basement poker group also did the right thing. Sad tho that the excuse of "times are hard" was used. If times were hard I doubt poker games would be a priority. Either way it was a fairy tale ending and they all lived happily ever after.

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the moderators for a couple of local groups removed him from the groups.

D582357F-D170-4EE0-969A-4E6260E779AB.jpeg

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I typically set up a vendors booth at all the Ohio Frag Swap so I know the groups and their presidents and I will make sure they know about this guy. I know his face because he has bought stuff from me before and has messaged me on Facebook numerous times asking about coral I'm selling. I'm pretty positive the hosts of these shows will not let him in or will kick him out if spotted.

bmbpka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has he been banned from R2R yet? If not, why? There are consequences to these type of actions. Being banned from this site and the local groups is fair. He was break with the cops not being called. But the other consequences should not slide.

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOLOL that's a good one!

I just realized that yesterday was the longest I have ever gone being at home and not standing in front of my tanks. So here is a totally gratuitous shot of them this morning, which I am thoroughly enjoying today :cool:

IMG_7712.jpg IMG_7711.jpg IMG_7710.jpg

Cnelson93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I’ve gotta say is wow, just spent the past hour reading through this entire thread. @jessezm, you are the man going above beyond, not only for your money but that of the other reefers. Truly heartening seeing everyone band together with small bits of information leading to the ultimate conclusion of being able to recover the money. Great job everyone especially Jesse!

Beautiful reef btw Jesse! Jaw dropping for sure!

Edit: totally enjoyed your wordy responses too, definitely made for more enjoyment in reading through this.

Last edited:

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOLOL that's a good one!

I just realized that yesterday was the longest I have ever gone being at home and not standing in front of my tanks. So here is a totally gratuitous shot of them this morning, which I am thoroughly enjoying today :cool:

IMG_7712.jpg IMG_7711.jpg IMG_7710.jpg
Wait wheres that indo hellfire and og bounce?
Also, someone give this man an award

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: deleted post due to my mistake in date and time of another thread being started. Apologies.

Last edited:

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you’re kidding, right?
Sorry, made a mistake. When looking back at the thread it was started May 1 many replies were from Monday. I looked back several times cause I couldn’t believe it and I knew mods would’ve caught that, don’t know how I botched that. Gonna edit that post.....apologies mods.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back