A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see a Pic of these tank! anticipation is killing me! :sad:

Thanks!

Hopefully we can get this thing set up and filled with water in no time at all, its a tang cage match down in the 100g stock tanks :hmm2:... AGE Should be ready to ship us the tank any day now. The last time we spoke they just needed to glue the external over flow on and let it dry/cure.

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand update. Front is skinned, went with oak to avoid nicks and dings that a softer wood sometimes accumulates over time. Plywood is on the top and also have the lower plywood floor in place inside the cabinet storage area. As you guys can see I probably went overboard in the trim section, we will see.

Should I screw the top plywood down or let it "free float" inbetween the tank and stand?

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have any pics of the 100g?

Not at the moment, I will try and get one later. Its actually two 100g rubbermaid stock tanks that are connected together. Each tank is jam packed with our livestock. There are a ton of corals and about 120lbs of liverock split between the two tanks. For fish we have a yellow tang, 2 sailfin tangs, and a lawnmower blenny in one stock tank and a 6 line wrasse, yellow eyed kole tang and a breeding pair of ORA domino clowns in the second stock tank.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you are off to a great start! Looking forward to following your progress...

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***UPDATE***

The stand is all together besides the doors. Primed it on Saturday. We used almost the whole gallon of Kilz. First coat of paint goes on right after this update.

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! I'll be waiting to see the tank full!

Thanks!

***Update***

AGE said they are shipping the tank on Thursday so we should have the tank by next week. Now we need to round up a crew of good men to move this beast. AGE said the tank weighs 750lbs and 999lbs all crated up.

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few photos AGE sent over of the tank getting crated up. Looks like its so big they couldn't get it all in the photo :D

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought 2 Harbor Freight stores out of their dual suction cups, had to buy 3 singles also because they didn't have enough of the doubles. Also hit HomeDepot and grabbed 2 appliance dollies. I think we are ready. :lol:

One thing I was considering is the temp is supposed to by a high of 25 on Monday so the tank will be pretty cold, the suction cups prob aren't going to do much good with that cold glass. I seen someone mention they put a tarp over there tank and threw a space heater inside set to 50 degrees for an hour or something so warm it up before using the suction cups. We plan on doing that same thing to ours to warm it up. Also I think we only really plan to use the suction cups to set the tank inside the trim, because it should be a pretty tight fit.

jman9331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank is going to be heavy whoever you get to assist you they deserve a beer afterwards!

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything went perfect!!! Tank is sitting safely on the stand, nobody got hurt, and it really went extremely smooth!

Before we go any further we have to throw a huge thank you/shout out to all of our Family, Friends and Neighbors that all took the time out of their busy schedules to come over and help us out. No way it could have been done without you guys, THANK YOU :wave:!!!

Now onto the photos!

Entryway view.

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been making a bit of progress. Got the sheathing, insulation, vapor barrier and drywall up. About to go throw some more screws in the drywall and start mudding it after this update. Door is ready to go up. Sand showed up yesterday and return pump showed up today, more on that later.

Sheetrock up

Outside sheathing and door.

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When do you plan on having this project complete by?

About a week ago :tongue:

I hope to have the system up and fully running in 2 weeks. Every day past 2 weeks I will be going night and day to get it done. I need this project finished so I can start a few large spring projects that need begin asap. This project has been quite a large undertaking, definitely a lot more work than I first envisioned. Of course we never planned on building a fish room in the garage, it was going to be a simple basement sump room so that added quite a bit of work to the project.

jman9331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow that close! I'm excited to see the outcome of this build especially the tank room on the other side.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back