OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock has landed! Steve @ Reef Rocks really took care of us! For size comparison the top of the crate the one large rock it sitting on is 32"x48"...

Planning on setting up cardboard the size of the tank and making an aquascape we like on top of it, then drilling and zip-tying the rock together. From there right into the tank it goes and the sand goes in right after that.

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got all the rock carried into the house. The cardboard the big rocks are sitting on is exactly the same size as the tank dimensions. Also ran and grabbed some strong black (uv resistant) zip ties and a long masonry drill bit. Should get some progress made on the aquascape tomorrow. Also got the room all sanded out, yuck. Going to paint it tomorrow.

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

We still have to get it put into the tank and secure some of the rock together, LOL! Hopefully get the rock and sand in the tank today!

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While setting the rockwork in place and epoxying it together, I stumbled across a large air bubble on the back bottom inside silicone seam. Here are some photos, let us know your opinions if we should be worried about this or am I just being overly picky?

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***Update***

Ian from AGE called me this afternoon. We went over the photos and he asked me a few questions about the bubble. Turns out the bubble is no big deal at all. All we need to do is cut the top of the bubble off with a razor blade and apply some silicone over that spot. AGE even went out of their way to get us a tube of the exact same black silicone sent out via fedex today :plane:, along with everything we will need for the job, and some basic instructions packed in the box. :clap2:

We are very pleased with the way AGE handled the situation! Glad we went with a company that stands behind their product and takes care of their customers.

We are also SO relieved its a simple fix, thank The Lord!!! :amen:

jman9331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to say I'm not sure if its bad but after dumping the money that you did into this I'd expect everything to be flawless. Sounds like great customer service to me!!

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to say I'm not sure if its bad but after dumping the money that you did into this I'd expect everything to be flawless. Sounds like great customer service to me!!

Yeah they were great, Ian even offered to fly out in the beginning if needed. After a few questions it was obvious it was going to be a simple 2 minute fix, (well plus drying time LOL!).

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we have 200lbs of carib sea special grade. Should be around 1.5" deep.

OP
OP
A_CoupleClowns

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

We are going to get our QT set up this weekend. Picked up a fluval aquaclear 50 power filter, and already have a 750gph koralia powerhead and heater ready. We are going to pick up a 40g tank on Sunday. Anybody have any QT tips for us? This is our first go round doing any type of QT, don't wanna hurt any fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back