Trident 2-months reagent $44.95, 6-month is $99.95....what????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, why is the 6 month supply has a better value than the 2 month? With this kind of pricing structure, the 6 month supply is much more difficult to get because whoever has a Trident, that person would rather buy the 6 month supply rather than the 2 month supply.

Neptune should price the 2 month reagent supply to be about $33, not $45. 95. That is not fair when the 6 month supply is much harder to get than the 2 month supply. In fact, even the 2 month supply is already hard to find.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy more and save? What a concept!

Jokes aside, I haven’t had any problem finding the 6 month supply when needed. Running 2 Tridents set to 8 tests a day schedule. Between the 5-6 major online dealers I can normally find the 6 month supply within a few days when it get close to reorder time.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, why is the 6 month supply has a better value than the 2 month? With this kind of pricing structure, the 6 month supply is much more difficult to get because whoever has a Trident, that person would rather buy the 6 month supply rather than the 2 month supply.

Neptune should price the 2 month reagent supply to be about $33, not $45. 95. That is not fair when the 6 month supply is much harder to get than the 2 month supply. In fact, even the 2 month supply is already hard to find.
Lol why is 500 ml soda cost 1 dollar and a 2 liter soda cost 3 dollars? Let’s bring these guys down...

On a serious note though, Neptune only released the 6 month supply to compete with Mindstream, because it tested way more elements and was worth slightly more.

PmCarbrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bulk purchasing is always cheaper. less packaging, easier to distribute, and a larger single sale. It's perfectly normal

OP
OP
C

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that I cannot find the 6 month supply anywhere. Of course bulk buy would be cheaper and this concept has been around for ages. It is due to the fact that 6 month supply is much much harder to find compare to the 2 month supply which make the better value of 6 month supply mute.

Boston reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that I cannot find the 6 month supply anywhere. Of course bulk buy would be cheaper and this concept has been around for ages. It is due to the fact that 6 month supply is much much harder to find compare to the 2 month supply which make the better value of 6 month supply mute.
I just typed trident Reagent 6 month supply into google and was able to find that aquaticwarehouse.com has them in stock. They haven’t been hard for me to find. Hope that helps

SVP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just typed trident Reagent 6 month supply into google and was able to find that aquaticwarehouse.com has them in stock. They haven’t been hard for me to find. Hope that helps
Thanks when I checked wednesday morning they didn't pop up. Just ordered 2 of the 6 month kits. I was starting to stress as I run 2 tridents and send reagents to a fellow reefer whos hospitalized for his trident as well, which was what I was really starting to worry about. I don't like the fact that the trident reagents are getting harder and harder to find. yeah Boston reefer you typed into google this am and found it but I have done so for a week+ and found no one has had them in stock. Does Neptune not have a clue as to how much reagent will be used every month? They know how many units they've sold roughly so I would not see why it should be such an issue for them to produce it. W/E I have vented enough. Thank you Boston reefer!

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never been able to find the 6 months. i order 2 of the 2 month supplies when i order, just to keep it in stock. BUT they stress about re-calibration and put mix dates on there bottles, makes me wonder if this is really a good idea, wouldn't we want the freshest mix we could get vs sitting on a shelf?

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, why is the 6 month supply has a better value than the 2 month?

The same reason why it's cheaper per ML for any liquid you buy in bulk. Have you EVER grocery shopped before?

From the time you open the box you have 7-8 WEEEKS, to find a 6 month pack of reagent. Every time I needed a 6 month pack, this one I just got is the fifth 6 month pack I have purchased (2 for me 4 for friends), it's been available at one of the big online guys no problem within 7-10 days. Follow their facebook pages and they announce when the stock is hitting.

Spend less time complaining on the forums about availability, and more time searching for the product and you will find it.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a thousand dollar frivolous testing machine and you’re worried about reagent prices?!?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so confused. Everything is cheaper in bulk. Milk. Rice. 2-part solution for dosing. That’s basic economics.

Shipping cost is part of the savings- only needs to be shipped 1 time as opposed to 3.

Last edited:

Gw2kpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks like your wish came true, the 6 month kits are now going for $135, or 3x the cost of the 2 month kit.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
135 canadian dollar is $100.49 usd.

You are using Canadian website.

Not to mention we have seen the price as low as 90 bucks if I recall in December. The bottom line is that Neptune is actually looking at the data they have available to them now with regards to reagents and testing frequency. Neptune released in February, I think around the 20th, a live stream and discussed the trident. It was pretty interesting at least to me the nugget about users and testing.

I guess maybe they did a poll or asked around the community with regards to how often we would test. Most said 4 times a day or something. Anyway we have 4/2/2 as the lowest setting which is what maybe they thought. Anyway turns out people are testing way more than what they thought. I mean they flat out said in the video no, the data shows users are testing a lot more frequently than what they told them.

Now, with that little nugget let us see what that impacts:
1. EMEA launch. They are trying to build out the US market and had a road map. Due to demand still being high in the US it impacted the EMEA market. Keep this in mind for 2 below.
2. Reagent. They have been working on increasing their trident pipeline and make a huge progress. Now it is reagents. More tridents, more reagents. People testing more than what they calculated means reagents are now a bottle neck. Interesting, right?

The whole thing is a lot like watching a snake eat a mouse. It takes time for the snake to digest the mouse and this is no different. Reagents, quality control, calibration, number of tridents, roll out, etc. US market, stable, then over seas, etc. No use in releasing over seas when reagents are now the concern.

Lastly - like many said. We buy a 6 month supply. You have a couple weeks to find the next source. I've yet had any trouble finding a set that couldn't get to me in a timely manor or risk of running dry. Should that ever be an issue know that Neptune always has the 2 month in stock. Not for money reasons but for quick buys in case you can't find the 6 month package. That really is their goal.

And last nugget. The sky is not falling :) But it is coming.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back