Trident - flimsy, cheaply made...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m perfectly happy with all my controller parts being hardwired together. ZERO chance of loosing connection that way.
wifi can be spotty.

Agree 100%. WiFi as a option would be fine, but as the default ….. no thanks.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is what is inside that counts. All/most of the Neptune modules are in inexpensive, plastic cases. My 1link case fell apart years ago, but the module still works fine. I have had no issues with the trident case in the 16-17 months I have had it. Tempest in a teapot.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I was very mad that it didn’t work. I was excited to install
The trident but then it was a huge disappointment.
Neptune apex help desk was very fast at responding but I was really upset to have the issue.

The only reason I even posted on this thread is because this just happened to me.
You’re not the only person that this has ever happened to matter fact it happens to a lot of people including myself the day I ordered trident,dos, and ddr Spent $1000 was super excited received my package opened everything up to find my dos Had a button on the front one of the prime button was broken I then had to contact Neptune who had me send it back to them for a repair and then sent it back to me about a two week turnaround I was not happy but I did not tell anybody about it till now because I understand things happen Neptunes took care of it as promptly as they could and as I would’ve expected

Amado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re not the only person that this has ever happened to matter fact it happens to a lot of people including myself the day I ordered trident,dos, and ddr Spent $1000 was super excited received my package opened everything up to find my dos Had a button on the front one of the prime button was broken I then had to contact Neptune who had me send it back to them for a repair and then sent it back to me about a two week turnaround I was not happy but I did not tell anybody about it till now because I understand things happen Neptunes took care of it as promptly as they could and as I would’ve expected

I think if that would have happened I would have received something broken during shipping I would be a little more
Considerate. That’s not what happened the product I received didn’t have shipping damage. This is how the product was build and was going to work. The intake line
Was flimsy and got clogged. The tray was build really bad.
My top cover fell off while I was fixing the tray.
The lines inside the trident were not secure.
We will see in a few months how these hold up.
I have been right about of few thing in this hobby. I seeN a lot of people lose money with companies like mindstream and vertex cerebra.
The good thing about these post is a year from now
I can come back and see how people are doing with the trident.

Last edited:

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if that would have happened I would have received something broken during shipping I would be a little more
Considerate. That’s not what happened the product I received didn’t have shipping damage. This is how the product was build and was going to work. The intake line
Was flimsy and got clogged. The tray was build really bad.
My top cover fell off while I was fixing the tray.
The lines inside the trident were not secure.
We will see in a few months how these hold up.
I have been right about of few thing in this hobby. I see a lot of people loss money with companies like mindstream and vertex cerebra.
The good thing about these post is a year from now
I can come back and see how people are doing with the trident.

Well I’ve had mine now for 8 months and no issue other than drifting calc but a guide fixed that and no issue since. I really don’t understand how you managed to plug the intake line. Intake line sits above the filter sock exit 2 inches below the water line and never an issue

Amado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’ve had mine now for 8 months and no issue other than drifting calc but a guide fixed that and no issue since. I really don’t understand how you managed to plug the intake line. Intake line sits above the filter sock exit 2 inches below the water line and never an issue

I didn’t plug it. It came that way.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back