Trident sample line filter

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool, they finally put it up. Twice as expensive .
Shipping is 20 bucks roughly.

The mcMaster carr is 10 bucks for shipping and the filter is five bucks.

I don't know why it's so expensive. They could literally slap two stamps on this.

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't know why it's so expensive. They could literally slap two stamps on this.
that has them as $3 each . If this is figured to work fine, id just get many of them assuming shipping isnt $10 each lol

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that has them as $3 each . If this is figured to work fine, id just get many of them assuming shipping isnt $10 each lol
$8 shipping to SoCal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

$13 shipping for me, plus $20 for two … I’ll let everyone know how the McMaster goes!

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The barb is NOT small enough for the trident sample line.
IMG_7080.jpeg

It’s the same size as the sample line OD, I’ll try to get a video but it’s pretty obvious when you hold them next to each other. These McMaster pieces will not fit.

You can try to contact Neptune and see if they would sent you one.
I did but mine was for an RMA, my new retail trident box arrived with the filter broken on both barbs. Neptune mailed me a replacement under warranty. When I get it I’ll add the photographic evidence and comparison so we can find a not $10 filter.

Total cost for the above two Barb filters that don’t fit and shipping: $14. Donate to your local food bank in my honor if you found this information useful.

OP
OP
BriansBrain

BriansBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I did not ever end up getting a new filter yet but laughed out loud when I emailed Neptune before they added them to their site, $10 per plus their expensive shipping. The convenience factor I guess but come on man! This hobby takes every possible swipe at your wallet. Thanks everyone for their research/trials

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune ...

I laugh at them when they try to talk and be all friendly at the frag swaps.
Sure - we'll help - contact us - here's our email - anything you need - blah blah blah.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so …
1) my retail trident had a broken sample line filter. D’oh. Contacted Neptune and next day they send a replacement, I sent serial and receipt with my first inquiry and that was that. Just arrived today via FedEx from Ecotech in PA (not Neptune office in San Jose,Ca). CS was great and super responsive.
2) pics, side by side. The McMaster is too big and now you don’t have to take my word for it.
IMG_7111.jpeg
IMG_7109.jpeg

What’s the next size to try fellow filter-aficionados?

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so …
1) my retail trident had a broken sample line filter. D’oh. Contacted Neptune and next day they send a replacement, I sent serial and receipt with my first inquiry and that was that. Just arrived today via FedEx from Ecotech in PA (not Neptune office in San Jose,Ca). CS was great and super responsive.
2) pics, side by side. The McMaster is too big and now you don’t have to take my word for it.
IMG_7111.jpeg
IMG_7109.jpeg

What’s the next size to try fellow filter-aficionados?
Can you pop that filter housing open and just replace the membrane? You can buy disc membranes of any pore size you want and just replace them periodically. PES or PVDF membranes are probably both good options for material of construction.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you pop that filter housing open and just replace the membrane? You can buy disc membranes of any pore size you want and just replace them periodically. PES or PVDF membranes are probably both good options for material of construction.
Maybe? but that’s probably beyond the point of no return re: ROI on the filter replacement hunt.

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok random question, do I need to prime the sample line after installing the filter? The line is already primed and setup which is why I ask.
Yes. There is a dead volume in the filter which will give you an air bubble in the line you need to prime to remove.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back