OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the thing about eels, in the wild when mature they are solitary. Whille in captivity there can be cases of success, there are also many failures in the long term. Juveniles will many times be agreeable, many times only short lived. Tank size obviously plays a role, and maybe even sex. Unless in a very large aquarium, more than one male may be a no go from the start. If you have a male tessa coming into maturity, this could be a no go, especially if you introduce another male. I don't think there is a way to visually sex eels. People are going to have more success with some species, fang tooth eels are more risky, because they can do deadly damage easily.
It makes a lot of sense why many people have had more success keeping fangtooth morays with pebbletooth ones but thanks so much for the info

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes a lot of sense why many people have had more success keeping fangtooth morays with pebbletooth ones but thanks so much for the info
Agree, I kinda feel like you will know right away if they get along or are male female. I think my jeweled is a male and my snowflake a female. From day one of putting her in the tank he came over and wrapped himself around her. They sleep like that too, its like he is protecting her at night. Obviously I dont know for sure but thats what it looks like to me! :) update us when he is in his bes tank!!

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

The moray is in his new tank he definitely looks more active and looking around more but when I tried to feed him he looked really interested literally looking around over the place but once he gets close to the food he just smells it and goes looking for the food again maybe he just wants live food I will try to feed him live food today and tomorrow if he still doesn't eat I will start the treatment incase if the eel does eat the mollies I will soak em in the medicine and then feed it to the eel as a preventive or just to be safe. here's a video of me trying to feed the moray, was sending a longer one but it didn't support it so I cut the file in half

Attachments

• VID_20231210_082936.mp4
    59.6 MB

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

The moray is in his new tank he definitely looks more active and looking around more but when I tried to feed him he looked really interested literally looking around over the place but once he gets close to the food he just smells it and goes looking for the food again maybe he just wants live food I will try to feed him live food today and tomorrow if he still doesn't eat I will start the treatment incase if the eel does eat the mollies I will soak em in the medicine and then feed it to the eel as a preventive or just to be safe. here's a video of me trying to feed the moray, was sending a longer one but it didn't support it so I cut the file in half
You should post the video to youtube!!

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my second update

I am dosing the tank with only metronidazole tablets since I couldn't find praziquantel I am using about 1000mg per 20 gallons and each tablet is 200mg it doesn't contain any excipients it does have ponceau 4r as a colour coating but I wash it off before adding it to the aquarium and it is considered safe according to my Google search being 147mg per kg of fish as a limit so I was recommended to do atleast 8 to 10 days of continued usage

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 72 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.7%
Back