hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets start with what is Alkalinity?
A liquid with a PH of 8.3 Alk comes from carbonate ions,
I don’t think I’m forgetting anything related to this thread.

On a molecular level, it is an interesting question of why some corals may calcify faster at higher pH. There are two possibilities that I don’t think have been adequately disentangled in the scientific literature:

1. Corals get carbonate by directly taking up carbonate, and there is more at higher pH

2. Corals get carbonate by directly taking up bicarbonate, splitting it into H+ and carbonate, and spitting out the H+. Spitting out the internally accumulating H+ is easier at higher pH.

It is certainly true that faster abiotic calcification (precipitation) at higher pH is due to #1.
Randy did just that early on. If you and Randy are saying the same things, then this is just another thread rehashing information we have known for decades. If you and Randy aren't say thing the same things, then it is pretty easy who to trust when it comes to chemistry and the truth.

But by all means, if you have cracked the code and "changed science" with some new findings, you are going to have to present your data a little better.

I understand you guys are on Randys bandwagon. No one here is trying to take Randys title or have a debate about ho you guys should listen to for advice. I find it interesting that you you all choose to be blind.

By the way my information about alkalinity is just a shared thread for anyone to add or correct so others who may run into it can get info for their reef. You guys just like to swing sticks
Well Done Golf GIF by Absolute Digital Media

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went looked at OP’s threads in profile.

I don’t have to back and look at Randy’s profile. I know he has contributed more of his time and knowledge to help this hobby and people in it than most of us ever will in two life times.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went looked at OP’s threads in profile.

I don’t have to back and look at Randy’s profile. I know he has contributed more of his time and knowledge to help this hobby and people in it than most of us ever will in two life times.
Yeah, this one is fun, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back