upswift.io

ubasu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried upswift.io?

It's free for 3 devices. It lets you forward a port so you can access the reef pi when you are not on your own network. It also alerts you when your raspberry pi goes offline. Setup was simple and I can turn off the port forwarding remotely so I'm not leaving it open all the time.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried upswift.io?

It's free for 3 devices. It lets you forward a port so you can access the reef pi when you are not on your own network. It also alerts you when your raspberry pi goes offline. Setup was simple and I can turn off the port forwarding remotely so I'm not leaving it open all the time.

Not tried but looks good.
there are a few alternatives for DDNS like https://www.cloudns.net/dynamic-dns...=dynamic_dns&utm_campaign=dynamic_dns_keyword

swisschris104

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aha so I can set up firewall rule that is from Reef-pi LAN IP to ipblock of upswift.io and be able to access from their website app? So I won’t have to open up port to entire wan.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aha so I can set up firewall rule that is from Reef-pi LAN IP to ipblock of upswift.io and be able to access from their website app? So I won’t have to open up port to entire wan.
You open port on firewall to pi only. Some solutions don’t require opening any ports as the connection initiated in a different way.

OP
OP
ubasu

ubasu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I didn't have to open any ports for upswift.io

OP
OP
ubasu

ubasu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also closes the connection after 30 minutes which is nice.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back