OP
OP
R

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any pictures of it in your tank? Curious what the guard looks like.

The mp4 above doesn't play for me.
here you go -
1651771489023.png

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Very clever. Looking forward to long-term feedback.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here you go -
1651771489023.png
This is very interesting! I'd like to know how these hold up without leaching metals over time.

With your guard design, how do you prevent things from getting sucked through the back and chopped by the thruster blades? Would you surround this portion with a mesh or sponge? Is this only to prevent large fish from getting pulled through?
1651773902102.png

OP
OP
R

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very interesting! I'd like to know how these hold up without leaching metals over time.

With your guard design, how do you prevent things from getting sucked through the back and chopped by the thruster blades? Would you surround this portion with a mesh or sponge? Is this only to prevent large fish from getting pulled through?
1651773902102.png
This is concern only if I run this at 80 % power, I have already asked my resource to add more support bars to make tighter and narrow so fishes won't get sucked in

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool project!!

OP
OP
R

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1651773902102.png

Very cool project!!
Thank you sir, I hope it meets my expectations

vahegan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using a marine grade thruster as a wavemaker is a very interesting idea! I didn't even know they existed :)

One of my main concerns here, as others have already mentioned, would be how it will behave on 24/7 continuous duty. Those marine drones, which it was designed for, are mostly battery operated and are used for a few hours only each run. I do not expect much issues with properly cooled (immersed in water) BLDC motors, and there seem to be no other moving parts that would wear with time, but I still would be cautious. Would like to see how it goes in a few months time.

My other concern would be heat. Based on the photo of your power supply, it draws 94 watts of power. This is close to having a 100W heater turned ON continuously, and is a significant heat. Did you see any temperature increase in the tank so far? What kind of cooling do you use? If we convert this heat into evaporation, very roughly, it will vaporize one gallon a day.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn’t sure if this was a bow thruster or what kind. I see now a water scooter or drone thruster. Sounds good I’m following. Needs to be screened well cause anything sucked into it will get shredded! I’m sure there is not a stuck impeller default either.

Grallster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AMAZING NEW PRODUCT!!!
instantly turn fish into fish food!!!
Wasn’t sure if this was a bow thruster or what kind. I see now a water scooter or drone thruster. Sounds good I’m following. Needs to be screened well cause anything sucked into it will get shredded! I’m sure there is not a stuck impeller default either.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

that should be easy to do by using an amperage sensor and relays. But it is a good idea

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 69 52.3%
  • NO

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back