Very hard to identify zoa

SimonMo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I know there are many websites to find zoanthid ID but I have been searching for about 1 year without good results. Some people suggested it might be a Pandora or Chiquita but it doesn't fit very well. I know the name is not much important but after spending a lot of time on searching the name, I became very curious about that. Can you help me?

20230410_164442.jpg 20230410_213708.jpg 20230413_212811.jpg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many different kinds of Zoas. Probably even color combos out there in the ocean that people don’t even know about. I really wouldn’t get caught up in the dumb designer names for these things. It’s just a way to drive up the prices and get the Pokémon type reefers to go nuts and “catch ‘em all”

If you have a coral that you adore. would it really make a difference if some nerd collector was like “oh man those are the “super duper butt hole blasters”!!! Would that make you feel better to know your coral had some dumb ace name ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SimonMo

SimonMo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many different kinds of Zoas. Probably even color combos out there in the ocean that people don’t even know about. I really wouldn’t get caught up in the dumb designer names for these things. It’s just a way to drive up the prices and get the Pokémon type reefers to go nuts and “catch ‘em all”

If you have a coral that you adore. would it really make a difference if some nerd collector was like “oh man those are the “super duper butt hole blasters”!!! Would that make you feel better to know your coral had some dumb ace name ?
You may be right that sometimes this hobby draws you into such meaningless excitement with names. maybe it's actually better to believe it's unique.

So maybe I will ask diffrent question;):
Do you have the same looking zoanthid? If so, show what your zoanthid looks like:)

Upvote 0

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back