Video: 20,000g Reef

frogman_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New video is finally uploaded, and I'm glad I got it done at last. This is a 20000g reef that has been running for 15 years. Joe Yaiullo has been tending to it, making sure it stays healthy and happy since its inception. He was interviewed so you could learn how he does it. This is a one hour video, so heads up. ;)

Dude. That is simply amazing. I can't say thanks enough. And an hour? Went by really quick!!!

Please send our thanks for the time to interview! Again, phenomenal!!!!

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for this video. 30 minutes in and I'll see the second half later. I'm mesmerized by the sea life. Joe is without a doubt "the playa" of the reefin world. One thing I noticed and not sure if anyone else noticed or if it was brought up was that in 20,000 gallons I saw zero Angels other than genicanthus.

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for this video. 30 minutes in and I'll see the second half later. I'm mesmerized by the sea life. Joe is without a doubt "the playa" of the reefin world. One thing I noticed and not sure if anyone else noticed or if it was brought up was that in 20,000 gallons I saw zero Angels other than genicanthus.

There was a flame

Urbanknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap Batman! Thank you @melev and Joe for such an informative and amazing video. Honey, my 300 DD looks very small now! Can I turn the full basement into a reef?? :)

Judy@SYA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! What an amazing tank, and how cool to see the behind the scenes stuff. Those skimmers were unbelievable! Absolutely loved the video. Watched every minute. Great job with all of it, from interviewing to editing! Thank you for the awesome experience !

MUSBFRANK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, someone gets the interview process in long videos is keep the viewers entertained!!! Well done, I lose interest very quickly watching videos with 2 people sitting at a table (or . . . ) and talk and talk and talk, especially when they could be showing the item of discussion in action or not. Awesome job, hope this gets as many views as it deserves. As for the tank itself, obviously beautiful corals and inverts but the fish selection was very BLAH, which doesn't matter to the general public but as a hobbyist I'm very surprised at these choices, not only were they common but nothing really colorful. No big angels in this water Wonderland is almost a crime, the little Flame Angel was the only thing that popped. There was a Emperor in the photos while feeding some pumpkin but obviously he's no longer. Impressive!

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir for sharing this amazing video. Also tanks to owner for letting you film this, specially overtank. Jawdroping. Any inputs on how many KH,Mg and Ca that tank consumes on daily basis ?

It said 55 gallons of kalkwasser every 30 hours or so.

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesus. Thanks guys for replay. Not from eng. spoken country and trying to understand what did he sayed. Anyway this is a reefer dream tank so impresed.

David M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched this last night and it blew my mind. AWESOME video.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such an awesome video, thats a true reef tank. I couldnt imagine the amount of money it takes per month to keep the beauty going. It kept me focused the entire time, well done!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back