Vortech pumps and Apex

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to connect the Vortech pumps to Apex and still use the various modes that are inbuilt into the Vortech controllers? Ie Lagoon, Reef Crest etc.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the neptune wxm module allows you to do that. It claims "supports all built in modes of the vortech pumps"

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the neptune wxm module allows you to do that. It claims "supports all built in modes of the vortech pumps"

Not only claims, but actually does. Once you've used WXM (or Reeflink), you will never want to go back to those horribly cludgy buttons on the vortech driver (press mode and set at the same time while facing West with your left foot in the air; then, while standing on your head, quickly press set, mode and option in rapid succession 42 times) .

Last edited:

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WXM module works well for the Vortech pumps and Radions. I did have some difficulty getting them to attach, but no more so than I did with the Reeflink.

The downside is that the WXM can't calibrate Radions and you might notice some color difference at low settings in my experience. The WXM is not compatible with Vectra pumps.

McArcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t mean to threadjack, but I have a question that may be of interest here. For those who have used WXM and Reeflink, which do you prefer and why? I started a separate thread with the same question, but had little response.
Thanks

OP
OP
Joe Batt

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hybrid light system with 3x Hydra 52HD and 4x 80W T5 so the control via WXM is just for the Vortech Mp40's

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who have used WXM and Reeflink, which do you prefer and why?

If you are talking specifically about controlling the Vortech, I find them equally effective. I use WXM only because I am comfortable with it, and do my programming the old way (not fusion). If you mean more broadly, then Reeflink is better for the Radion lights (because it allows a detailed calibration process that is quite useful) and will control Vectra pumps that WXM cannot.

Last edited:

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 39 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back