Vortech Replacement Power Supply with Meanwell switchable?

pmarsh44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my MP10 power supplies has gone bad and in looking for a replacement I came across someone who mentioned using a Meanwell to replace all of theirs.

It seems like a good idea, one power supply for both pumps.

Of course I did not bookmark the page. Has anyone done this and can offer some guidance?

Thanks!

babrooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@babrooks what are the proper terms for the wires that hook to it? 5.5mm pigtail?

Sorry not my area of expertise
I think it’s a 5.5mm barrel connector but with a large center pin, maybe 2.5mm. The barrel connectors I had lying around didn’t fit. I just cut the connectors off the eco tech power supplies and used the oem power supplies for other projects.

nick0206

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my MP10 power supplies has gone bad and in looking for a replacement I came across someone who mentioned using a Meanwell to replace all of theirs.

It seems like a good idea, one power supply for both pumps.

Of course I did not bookmark the page. Has anyone done this and can offer some guidance?

Thanks!
Regarding the replacement of power supplies MP10 (I don't have MP40, but I'm sure it's the same).
It stopped working for me about 2 years ago.
I looked at the output voltage and it was 18 volts.
This is the standard voltage for all types of laptops.
After digging around, I found an old power supply unit from my old IBM X31 laptop, which fit perfectly to the MP10 connector.
About a year ago, another power supply unit burned out (if I remember correctly it was a Tunze pump).
And again I did the same, only replacing the connector, cutting it off from the faulty power supply.
The cost of both replacements is 0$.
Even if you don't have one, just calling a couple of friends, there will probably be someone who did not throw out the power supply from the old laptop.
Good luck everyone

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back