WD Tenuis

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but if you have the ability to shop at wholesalers that means you have a business license to be able to do so. Which means you are deemed commercial, the regular hobbiest cannot walk up to a full blown wholesaler, walk in the door and buy full colonies for cheap.

Incorrect. Not saying this is the case with everyone but the old school thing with wholesalers was unless you are "brick and mortar" they won't sell to you. Times have changed at least in fl they have. I know tons of "hobbyists" that waltz in to wholesalers and buy whatever they want. Cash is cash:(. These said hobbyists may have a license obtained from state or wherever to cover their butt but nothing but garage sellers with frag tanks.

tonymission

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but if you have the ability to shop at wholesalers that means you have a business license to be able to do so. Which means you are deemed commercial, the regular hobbiest cannot walk up to a full blown wholesaler, walk in the door and buy full colonies for cheap.

That assumption is simply not true.....
Money talks.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am putting this pic up for anyone that wanted to see how this will look in your tank. I knew very well this is how it looked.

Enjoy.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am very helpful and won't complain if anyone wants to see anymore pics.

Please ask.

I think as a community we are here to help each other. So anyone on fence to buy this gem wants anymore pics you are welcome.

tonymission

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am putting this pic up for anyone that wanted to see how this will look in your tank. I knew very well this is how it looked.

Enjoy.

That's exactly what mine looks like... just a lil bigger and encrusting :D

This piece is legit. Looks best under a radion all blues. I can't post a pic under T5s/reef bright blues and an ip6... Still dope. I love how the growth tip polyps are different than the coralite polyps.

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag I got yesterday looks great. First thing I noticed were the bushy Polyps extended in the shipping bag. I truly don't understand the hate for this piece, I mean yes it's expensive but isn't anywhere near my most expensive frag and it looks awesome. Deleting posts from someone trying to show what the coral looks like when someone asked what it looked like is stupid.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The frag I got yesterday looks great. First thing I noticed were the bushy Polyps extended in the shipping bag. I truly don't understand the hate for this piece, I mean yes it's expensive but isn't anywhere near my most expensive frag and it looks awesome. Deleting posts from someone trying to show what the coral looks like when someone asked what it looked like is stupid.

You need to know the whole story before you read what someone puts on FB and then come on here and say things are stupid. ;)

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, I've read this entire thread before things disappeared and I didn't see a reason to delete comments. But whatever. Just thought I would help answer the question about the piece

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incorrect. Not saying this is the case with everyone but the old school thing with wholesalers was unless you are "brick and mortar" they won't sell to you. Times have changed at least in fl they have. I know tons of "hobbyists" that waltz in to wholesalers and buy whatever they want. Cash is cash:(. These said hobbyists may have a license obtained from state or wherever to cover their butt but nothing but garage sellers with frag tanks.

I'm not sure I'm seeing a disagreement from you. You basically just said what I did. These "hobbiest" have licenses to cover their butts. That's exactly what you need to be able to purchase from wholesalers. If the wholesaler is doing otherwise then that's usually frowned upon by ppl who actually do purchase things from them in the correct manner.

That assumption is simply not true.....
Money talks.

If this is true that "money talks" then why can't we all just order everything via wholesalers ourselves and cut out our lfs and online buying? We can't because most of us don't have the proper paperwork to do so. Catch my drift?

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is Rich, Jackson6745 special acro. Pic taken with an iPhone 6 top down.

Almost similar except a little difference in polyp color. Hopefully Rich puts up a pic of his acro under heavy actinics.

Are these yours or Rich's?

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to know the whole story before you read what someone puts on FB and then come on here and say things are stupid. ;)
I know what happened...I mentioned that my LFS has this coral and it is green. Mike then responded stating that is how they look if not getting enough light. He showed a pic of one that was on the underside and it was green. Very informative and helps answer some questions about color variation but the mods felt that sort of knowledgeable first hand info should not be provided by the seller because he isn't paying the site to be a vendor.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what happened...I mentioned that my LFS has this coral and it is green. Mike then responded stating that is how they look if not getting enough light. He showed a pic of one that was on the underside and it was green. Very informative and helps answer some questions about color variation but the mods felt that sort of knowledgeable first hand info should not be provided by the seller because he isn't paying the site to be a vendor.
You forgot to mention the part where Mike posted a picture with his company logo in it. Mike is welcome to post pictures and give information without his company logo. Information is always welcome on R2R but when you're promoting corals for sale and you're not a sponsor it's not good. Man all this drama over some ugly colored stick!!!! I'm going back to the zoa section lol

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stick to SPS because I can't afford ultra acans :) Since we're on the topic of awesome sticks, I have to share this one. This guy ValorG in my area bought a bleached colony and it turning into the nicest acro I have ever laid eyes on in person. He calls it a supergirl acro. It's like a superman monti but in acro form lol. I think its a vermiculata species. Cool thing about this piece is that you don't have to give it crazy high par to keep color. It seems like a slow grower though, at least for me in the last 6 weeks. This is what it looks like in my tank at the moment. The body is blue in person (comes out purplish in pics) and the polyps are pink/red.
DSC_0021 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You forgot to mention the part where Mike posted a picture with his company logo in it. Mike is welcome to post pictures and give information without his company logo. Information is always welcome on R2R but when you're promoting corals for sale and you're not a sponsor it's not good. Man all this drama over some ugly colored stick!!!! I'm going back to the zoa section lol
I mentioned that he showed a pic of the coral, is that the one you are referring to? If not then could you provide a screen shot of the post I was referring to so I could see the other image. Was it in his signature? If not, then the only image I remember seeing in the post I am referring to is the one of the coral that was also green.

Last edited by a moderator:

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I stick to SPS because I can't afford ultra acans :) Since we're on the topic of awesome sticks, I have to share this one. This guy ValorG in my area bought a bleached colony and it turning into the nicest acro I have ever laid eyes on in person. He calls it a supergirl acro. It's like a superman monti but in acro form lol. I think its a vermiculata species. Cool thing about this piece is that you don't have to give it crazy high par to keep color. It seems like a slow grower though, at least for me in the last 6 weeks. This is what it looks like in my tank at the moment. The body is blue in person (comes out purplish in pics) and the polyps are pink/red.
DSC_0021 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Hey Bud can you talk to valorg and put in a good word for me. I am interested in this coral and wondering if you can hep me out. I havent made contact with Gideon yet.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bud can you talk to valorg and put in a good word for me. I am interested in this coral and wondering if you can hep me out. I havent made contact with Gideon yet.

I'm not sure if he's fragging right now. I think he's growing it out. I suckered him on a trade for my crappy tenuis before he knew how awesome this piece was. :) lol

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back