West Michigan Marine Aquarium Society

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news for those of you that have been following along with us in the Michigan Reefers thread. We are moving to this thread as during the December meeting the next step were taken to relate an official club.

More details will be available (dues,benefits,who‘s on the board) at our next meeting.

Speaking of the next meeting, we will be doing a Coral Fragging Demonstration. Several club members will be bringing corals to frag. For this event, if you become a member you will be able to take a frag that was created home with you.

The meeting will be on Thursday, January 12th at 7pm at 453 Division Ave S Grand Rapids, MI.

Club dues are $24 a year, and are payable with cash or check. As the club grows, there will be other benefits to memberships such as local store discounts, participation in raffles at meetings.

Feel free to reach out with questions.

OP
OP
Airwolf

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 2023 Photo.PNG

WaterShedAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just reaching out to remind anyone thinking about coming out it's this Thursday! We are excited to see you there.

OP
OP
Airwolf

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a great turnout at our last meeting, exciting to see new members joining at each meeting!

Info on our next meeting:
3.9.2023 - WMMAS Meeting Flyer Photo.PNG

OP
OP
Airwolf

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMPORTANT UPDATE TO NEXT WEEKS MEETING!!!!

Through some generous donations by some of our sponsors, we have the opportunity to raffle off an aqua-scaped aquarium by Johnathon Butkus. Johnathon, a team member of OASE North America, has spoken on national stages about aquatic topics, including macroalgae. You will not want to miss this talk about macroalgae in marine aquariums.
Meeting details posted in the comment below!

We would like to thank the below for making this possible:
OASE North America
Johnathon Butkus
Water Colors Aquarium Gallery
Aquatic Life Support Systems

Terms: Raffle is open to all members that are current on their dues. Memberships are $24/year and will be available for purchase at the meeting. Must be present at the meeting to win.

FreshCoastReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, as many of you are West Michigan based I figured you may have the most interest in the offering...

My family has decided to get a puppy this spring and I've only got so much time to commit to pets. So I'll be parting ways with my reef tank :(

I'll be selling the tank and all accessories as a package deal. I assembled a complete set-up with some nice bells and whistles, and everything is just under a year old, in great shape. Head over here to see the: Selling Thread

I'll also be looking to rehome my livestock, willing to work out a deal for someone who wants the whole lot. Here's what I've currently got in the tank:

1 Darwin Clownfish
1 Davinci Clownfish
1 Sexy Shrimp
1 Nassarius Snail
2 Trochus Snails
1 Duncan Coral
1 Red People Eater Zoanthid
1 Mohawk Zoanthids
1 WWC Halle Berry Zoanthids
1 WWC Bob Marley Zoanthids
1 WWC Leather Coral
1 Purple Hammer Coral

Reach out with any questions.

OP
OP
Airwolf

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting news, we now have our own club forum within Reef2Reef. We will be using this area going forward to post upcoming meetings, club information and updates. Feel free to join in the discussions!

The forum can be found here: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/west-michigan-marine-aquarium-society.1428/

Don't forget to 'watch' the forum by clicking the watch button near the top so you get alerts when something new is posted.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back