Michigan reefers?

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that do not have facebook, the next meeting is scheudled for this Sunday, 8/28/2022 at 5pm at Water Colors.

There will be a talk about a recent trip to Belize and some photo sharing from that trip!

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get this out sooner so hopefully we can drive the attendance up, but next meeting is set up

Date: 9/28/2022
Time: 7pm

We will have a guest speaker, Charles from Water Colors, talking about dosing and the relationship between them as it relates to salt water aquariums. Should be a great meeting and Charles is heavily involved in the podcast the shop produces and often brings the science into the discussion.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out to me.

OP
OP
VanDalsenReef

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to see how he explains dosing. Won't make it but hopefully it's a big turn out

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to see how he explains dosing. Won't make it but hopefully it's a big turn out
While it is tough to make a schedule where it works for everyone, let me/us know if there are specific dates and times that work for you, we may be able to make some adjustments. Feel free to PM them.

OP
OP
VanDalsenReef

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it is tough to make a schedule where it works for everyone, let me/us know if there are specific dates and times that work for you, we may be able to make some adjustments. Feel free to PM them.
Or even the 30th

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that want to attend the next meeting and do not use other social media platforms:

Date: 10/26/2022

Details:
We are doing an interactive event during this meeting. We will be creating our own frag plugs and rock that can be cured out and used as live rock in the future. There will be molds, drill with spade bits, wood so we can try our hand at DYI.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone on here from Southeast Michigan please join the Marine Aquarium Society of Southeast Michigan (MASSM) as well! We are a new club that is trying to grow, will be having monthly in-person meetings starting in November, and do all kinds of fun trading and swaps with one another!

WaterShedAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that want to attend the next meeting and do not use other social media platforms:

Date: 10/26/2022

Details:
We are doing an interactive event during this meeting. We will be creating our own frag plugs and rock that can be cured out and used as live rock in the future. There will be molds, drill with spade bits, wood so we can try our hand at DYI.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
We will have a frag plug workshop and be making live rock. Ben is providing the materials and we will have several 3d printed and wood drilled molds. I'm excited about this one so make sure you come out!

We are looking at a tank tour for the November meeting and a potluck Christmas party for December.

WaterShedAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone just wanted to let you know I plan on having a working meeting to create the structure of the club with Ben and Justin in December. So the regular meetings will start back up in January. I will look for feedback as I've had multiple people say they want to attend but that either the time or the day does not work for them. When we reconvene I plan to have it set up with club membership cards, a club directory and hopefully we can use that to start getting some sponsors for raffles to help us pay to do some fun things with the club this year.

I also wanted to thank Huy and Justin for hosting. It was a blast, everyone enjoyed the event.

Ideas for January are currently a fraging demonstration or a talk from Ben on his latest trip. Other ideas are welcome.

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We (West Michigan Marine Aquarium Society) have started a new thread and hopefully will have our own sub forum soon. For details about the club and upcoming meetings please keep an eye out on this thread: West Michigan Marine Aquarium Society

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone over in the other thread.

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The West Michigan Marine Aquarium Society continues to meet on the second Thursday's of the month. Our next meeting will be on Thursday March 9th. Make sure to check our other thread out and "watch" to keep up-to-date on club events!

Club Thread

FreshCoastReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Michiganders, my family has decided to get a puppy this spring and I've only got so much time to commit to pets. So I'll be parting ways with my reef tank :(

I'll be selling the tank and all accessories as a package deal. I assembled a complete set-up with some nice bells and whistles, and everything is just under a year old, in great shape. Head over here to see the: Selling Thread

I'll also be looking to rehome my livestock, willing to work out a deal for someone who wants the whole lot. Here's what I've currently got in the tank:

1 Darwin Clownfish
1 Davinci Clownfish
1 Sexy Shrimp
1 Nassarius Snail
2 Trochus Snails
1 Duncan Coral
1 Red People Eater Zoanthid
1 Mohawk Zoanthids
1 WWC Halle Berry Zoanthids
1 WWC Bob Marley Zoanthids
1 WWC Leather Coral
1 Purple Hammer Coral

Reach out with any questions.

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting news, we ((West Michigan Marine Aquarium Society) now have our own club forum within Reef2Reef. We will be using this area going forward to post upcoming meetings, club information and updates. Feel free to join in the discussions!

The forum can be found here: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/west-michigan-marine-aquarium-society.1428/

Don't forget to 'watch' the forum by clicking the watch button near the top so you get alerts when something new is posted.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back