What causes your tank to “clean itself?”

Dad2Wyatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in a previous discussion, I was told that sometimes leaving your glass alone rather than constantly cleaning it will clear it up.

It did not work for me at first so I went back to cleaning daily, sometimes twice a day.

this past week or so I have been busy with college finals, my birthday, and now Christmas.

had a little free time today and came to check in and found that my glass is super clean! Even the back and side glass that I have never cleaned at all.

I’ve recently noticed my copepod population exploding, does this have something to do with it? Or is it something else?

In addition, hair algae will seemingly clear itself in one area overnight. It usually comes back, but it doesn’t seem to be my CUC because it is sporadic and I dont have an abundance of them
image.jpg

this portion of my Glass has never been cleaned since I set my tank up. Until this morning, it had been so overgrown with various types of algae that it was impossible to see through.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally have never seen my glass clean itself.. That said, I have never let it go more than a few days. Since one of my greatest pleasures is watching my tanks, I tend to clean the glass as soon as I notice the film start. 2 or 3 days at most.

OP
OP
Dad2Wyatt

Dad2Wyatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally have never seen my glass clean itself.. That said, I have never let it go more than a few days. Since one of my greatest pleasures is watching my tanks, I tend to clean the glass as soon as I notice the film start. 2 or 3 days at most.
Agreed here! Can’t stand not having clean glass but I’m going on a week currently with only one glass cleaning and it’s crystal clear! Trying to figure out what kind of wizardry is going on lol

Back