What corals to buy?

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's plenty of light for most stuff. :) That extra 2xT5HO is a huge difference and will help a lot.

+1

The 3 t5ho bulbs should be enough for most coral. It will be really good for lps such as acans. Zoa/paly, mushrooms, ricordea will do well. You can probably get away with a few sps that aren't high light demanding in the upper part of your tank.

dangerbird123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green star polyps, zoas/palys, ponape birdsnest, duncans, and clove polyps are pretty hardy in my experience. These would make good starter corals and tend to grow fast. Try 2 or 3 frags to see what does well in your tank.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 Fluval 36" Full spectrum, and 1 Fluval 24" full spectrum. Both are centered lengthwise on the tank, on either side of a 48" t5 blue actinic.

I personally have this exact light on my tank. I've had a hard time with Monti's, Chalice's and zoas. I have to keep all my zoas up really high for them to keep their color and not stretch up like crazy. Though, none of them are growing either. My LPS and mushrooms are doing great however! It's not a bad light at all, but I'm switching to a t5/led combo for Christmas so I can keep other corals too. Just my experience.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back