No WC for 2 weeks?

cherrmin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, I have a fairly newish 75 Gallon tank which is about a month and half old I have two clowns, a diamond goby, 8 blue legged hermits, two conches, a bloody mary shrimp, a duncan coral and a BTA. I usually do my water changes on mondays, but i will be going on vacation on sunday and won’t be back for 10 days, meaning my tank would go two mondays without WC. i’m not worried about the feeding as I have family who know how to feed, but unfortunately they cannot do a WC. Will my tank be okay?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, I have a fairly newish 75 Gallon tank which is about a month and half old I have two clowns, a diamond goby, 8 blue legged hermits, two conches, a bloody mary shrimp, a duncan coral and a BTA. I usually do my water changes on mondays, but i will be going on vacation on sunday and won’t be back for 10 days, meaning my tank would go two mondays without WC. i’m not worried about the feeding as I have family who know how to feed, but unfortunately they cannot do a WC. Will my tank be okay?
Enjoy your vacation

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have top off water ready for someone if you don’t have an ATO system and just have them add a Tupperware of RODI each 3 days or so.

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a story I read years ago about a guy in south east asia that had a tank stuffed with live rock and no filtration or powerheads at all, just some air stones and never did water changes and his tank looked like something that takes a ton of effort to achieve and his method is what lead to the berlin method. I dont know how true that story was but I believe it.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you and your tank will be just fine.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do it every year without any problems and you have a very low bioload for a 75, when you get back it will probably look the same as when you left except for some biofilm on the glass.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back