What does it take to become a modorator on r2r?

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of them are friends and family. I know that it is a thankless job, and ties up a lot of their personal time. You’d be surprised at who some of them are. There are many professionals here, and they do a great job trying to keep the balance.
did you mean tankless job?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m assuming they’d want someone professional with a clean history; nobody with a history of trolling or making immature posts.

They’d probably also want someone who is somewhat credible because someone with a moderator title has the ability to subliminally influence others. They wouldn’t want a mod to be someone giving dangerous info etc.
Yep, truth is they are picky. I don't have a chance unless I change my ways.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ain't got 10 bucks so I'm random
I've added you.
My true impression is that if you behave nicely and treat people well they might ask you if you wanted to participate, or offer you a position, I really don't know cause as I posted earlier, I'm not exactly what they are looking for.
Edit:
I am

Too shifty, shady, and light headed. They want people with wholesome posts, not winsome.

I'll refund your money if they don't pick you after a year... :p

Funny how a crappy day at work can ruin ones typing skills

Last edited:

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been online since the Commodore 64 Era, I can say with the utmost confidence you cannot gauge a personality from plaintext typed in cyberspace…
I used to frequent clubs, auctions, aquarium events and some of the alleged Gods and deities turned out were absolute donkeys .Worse, anymore your online persona/influencer score does indeed translate into $$$$,..it could be totally contrived, manufactured and fake
I’m definitely not Mod material, besides I can’t ID half the stuff in my tank…no thanks

added: Just for insurance All of the current Mods here are the most loving people I ever not met :star-struck:

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m assuming they’d want someone professional with a clean history; nobody with a history of trolling or making immature posts.

People make mistakes so we all have a history. However going out of ones way frequently to disrupt the ebb and flow of the forum wouldn't be helpful.

No admin here but common sense would say that the moderators on most forums know what is going on, by whom, and have behind the scene talks about potential staff. In those admin areas they will discuss and vote among peers. If it is in favor then one will reach out and start the dialog about a opportunity. Questions, answers, expectations, etc. If everything and everyone is agreed then a trial or probation happens before final announcement.

More less something along those lines "in my opinion".

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1715039748899.png

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to be in the Reef Squad myself. Been denied for three years now. But we can all dream…lol!
I think you would have to change your name to something less controversial. Everytime I read your name I think you must be running a drive through 420 Green Store. Might not be "family friendly" ???

Cheech Marin Responsibility GIF

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would have to change your name to something less controversial. Everytime I read your name I think you must be running a drive through 420 Green Store. Might not be "family friendly" ???

Good point, but he is in MICHIGAN ;)
so it’s allowed

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Funny thing is that this is the double Entrada behind my username.. 1 who does the reef(er)

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
You guys are cracking me up! Lol!
Because that is a common misconception, and sometimes draws disappointment when people learn I’m totally sober of anything but coffee.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d bet I’m not the only one who hopes you make it, you come across very genuine on camera anyway …
Thank you! I think I am regarded more as a novelty than a serious reefer. And I’m okay with that. I have nothing to prove to anyone.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I think I am regarded more as a novelty than a serious reefer. And I’m okay with that. I have nothing to prove to anyone.
Exactly, Genuine thus far….
we are done tho when you name drop about the time you were gifted a 4” “ Nuclear Shawn Laramie” frag when all the other friends of the doctor get the full 10” piece ;)

(edited)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back