What If Every Reefer Was Successful? Does Success Or Failure Drive The Market?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers! Just a few quick thoughts:

What if every Reefer was as successful as they wanted to be?
Would there be more or less of a need for businesses?
Is failure an integral part of the market strategy? Or does success breed more revenue?

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting question. My tank is basically full of coral. To add new coral requires that I remove parts of other corals and or rescape the tank. Obviously new people enter the hobby and existing hobbyists can add new tanks but if we all were perfectly successful at raising fish and corals, but corals especially, I would assume far less demand for corals sales. Eventually you just run out of room, no way around it. At least with fish there are lifespans.

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers! Just a few quick thoughts:

What if every Reefer was as successful as they wanted to be?
Would there be more or less of a need for businesses?
Is failure an integral part of the market strategy? Or does success breed more revenue?
Makes you wonder with companies selling "perfect start in a bottle" right next to "so, you crashed your tank... in a bottle"

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will always be imports cause everyone wants the newest, hottest coral… I laugh cause the classics are dirt cheap and much cooler than the majority of stuff today.. the other reason they’re cheap is cause they look drab in blue lights where as 10 years ago everyone ran full spectrum and all corals looked great!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think both. On one hand failure drives the market because new products are made to prevent future failures happening. On the other hand success leads to people wanting more livestock for their tank since success brings growth. So I think it can go both ways

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my one person observation looking for new tanks on FB marketplace there are lots of tanks for sale that look new. I think this hobby would be way stronger if it had a more "How to Guides" sold in LFS. When i jumped into this my LFS gave a me a run down that's it. It wasn't until i found the brs videos and here where i learned this hobby is very challenging.

But if i knew how hard it was i probably wouldn't have gotten into it from the get go.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back