What is this???

D-5-tab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what this is? I have a coral tank. 90 gallons and was just putting my my zoo plankton and noticed thing guy. Is he good? Bad? What is he???

Attachments

• IMG_2308.MOV
    35.5 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Can’t open video on my phone
Any still pics under white lighting ?

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along, looks interesting. Like some kind of gnarly worm. Hard to tell cuz only head is visible. Do you see it spitting out webs? If so that may be a massive vermatid snail.

Also can't tell if thats tentacles or pincers - are they soft or hard? If pincers then might be some kind of bobbit worm.

OP
OP
D

D-5-tab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what this is? I have a coral tank. 90 gallons and was just putting my my zoo plankton and noticed thing guy. Is he good? Bad? What is he???
Can’t open video on my phone
Any still pics under white lighting ?
1BC6DFE9-F32F-4009-BDFA-A362F6BB2E7F.png

OP
OP
D

D-5-tab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along, looks interesting. Like some kind of gnarly worm. Hard to tell cuz only head is visible. Do you see it spitting out webs? If so that may be a massive vermatid snail.

Also can't tell if thats tentacles or pincers - are they soft or hard? If pincers then might be some kind of bobbit worm.
I dont know if they are soft or hard. Looked soft. I went to clean the glass for a better picture and video and it went back in the rock. The video shows it with kinda a tail like a snake or worm.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some type of Eunicid or related genus of worm. Many different species and many different sizes (1/2" up to 10'), some harmless detrtivores, some omnivores and others are strict carnivores. I have a small one that hasn't caused any trouble. Just keep an eye on and if you notice any coral damage, you may have to remove it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like spinoid worm or if one that moves about tank may be a young eunice worm

Back