What lighting is everyone using on their FOWLR...?

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am looking for lighting that really brings out the colors of the fish and makes them "pop" - Flame Angel, Powder Blue Tang, etc.

Not looking for cheap lighting - but not looking for expensive reef lighting either.

Thanks!

benbalter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am looking for lighting that really brings out the colors of the fish and makes them "pop" - Flame Angel, Powder Blue Tang, etc.

Not looking for cheap lighting - but not looking for expensive reef lighting either.

Thanks!
If don't plan to ever add corals then look at any led lighting. How big is the tank and how much do you want send?

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If don't plan to ever add corals then look at any led lighting. How big is the tank and how much do you want send?
Tank is 84" x 27" x 26"

Looking for something pleasing to look at with the least amount of wires (will hide them somehow)...

As far as cost - not really sure, what I have been looking at seems to be around $500...

benbalter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 84" x 27" x 26"

Looking for something pleasing to look at with the least amount of wires (will hide them somehow)...

As far as cost - not really sure, what I have been looking at seems to be around $500...

Tank is 84" x 27" x 26"

Check out Current USA Orbit Marine LED Aquarium Light cheap limited control but well with in your budget. AI builds bad butt lights with complet control but well out side your budget. If you can find a private supplier and have cash you can negotiate the price down. I payed 1000$ for 3 AI light retail 1700$. Zcash is king!

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Current USA Orbit Marine LED Aquarium Light cheap limited control but well with in your budget. AI builds bad butt lights with complet control but well out side your budget. If you can find a private supplier and have cash you can negotiate the price down. I payed 1000$ for 3 AI light retail 1700$. Zcash is king!
That's exactly what I was looking at... Current USA...

Not exactly sure what AI lights you are talking about...?

I know their reef lights.. and freshwater lights for plants, etc.

But both seem to be overkill for just a FOWLR...?

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to beat something like a noopsyche if you want cheap lighting with some pop (re-usable for a reef too)
3 of them will run you just under 540 or you can run just 2 if you dont mind having shading around the ends of the tank (less algae on the glass that way too)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be using reef breeders photon V2 2X -24" over a 200 70x30 foot print.
they have alot of punch but I'll just turn them down.

most reef lights will have the control you are looking for. like sunrise sun set, color spectrum change etc.

buy older gens models or go with the slightly off brand like reef breeders, noopsyphe black boxes etc.
it all comes down to what features and form factor you like.

I am running 2X AL blade on a 3' reef and love them that they can set right on top of the tank that cuts down all the blue light in the room. ( the GF hates that.)

so if I find some used ones i'll pick them up. lots of options out there. the best part is you dont need alot of par so in general the cheaper lights work.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back