What TYPE of musIC do you listen to?!

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most anything except country(I can't stand country).

My personal favorite category is fusion jazz, with Luc Ponty and Metheny being my favorites for decades(lol,I was bouncing to them late night when in high school).

But I like classic rock(a nice bass guitarist it's a beautiful thing) and many others. Floyd, Doors, etc.

I do like rap music(I grew up listening to it when it was called "noise") and unfortunately many people are long, long gone that were brilliant. I don't listen to this newer stuff because it makes no sense to me, and there are very few beats that really strike me(mainstream completely ruined it to me), but then again, I'm old so it could be a generational thing.

Soul and R&B classics like Hayes, EW&F, Stylistics and tons more.

Also a touch of classic also. This is my "thinking music".

So many things nowadays is crossover and its difficult to classify under traditional lines. I also think it's much easier within music to go by the generational genre.

But, music makes the world go round..

Note2 on Tap Pro

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First love: Real jazz music. Not the fake stuff you hear in the elevator nor that Kenny G garbage. I'm talking real jazz rooted in historical sounds and concepts of the likes of Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Keith Jarrett, Chick Corea, Sonny Rollins, Cannonball Adderly and more recently guys like Walk Wieskopff, Brandford Marsalis, Michael Brecker.....

Second love: Soul and R & B classics.

Third love: Real Blues music.

Fourth: Gold ole' classic rock & roll.

I do enjoy classical music from time to time as well but don't actively seek it out.

Rap.......PUKE.....it's not even music. It's just sound with some dude talking over it. Art form....eh...maybe. But music it is not.

Famous quote:

There are two types of music; good music and bad music.
-Duke Ellington.

Ultimately, it's all up to the individual.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Devil Wears Prada, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Miss May I, August Burns Red are what I usually listen to daily but Im also in Six Feet Under, Amon Amarth etc...

Camkha1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything, as long as it isn't new pop or hip hop. I'm really into jazz, as well as many types of rock, especially ska and punk.

Devil Wears Prada, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Miss May I, August Burns Red are what I usually listen to daily but Im also in Six Feet Under, Amon Amarth etc...

Yeah I love all of them as well. I'm actually seeing TDWP in December.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet ive seen them once and they were awesome, I guess that's why they found their way to my favorite band spot. Asking Alexandria is another band that was great live.
Anything, as long as it isn't new pop or hip hop. I'm really into jazz, as well as many types of rock, especially ska and punk.

Yeah I love all of them as well. I'm actually seeing TDWP in December.

Camkha1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet ive seen them once and they were awesome, I guess that's why they found their way to my favorite band spot. Asking Alexandria is another band that was great live.

This'll be my first time seeing them live. They're playing with Texas in July, Volumes, and The Ghost Inside. I've seen Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Miss May I, and August Burns Red . They were all great live.

andijo81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phish is great, I've been a I think 7 of their shows now? Incredible experience / atmosphere.

Aside from them I listen to classic rock and 80s/early 90s hip hop. Key is to cycle every once in a while and listen to something new

Dirty Hippie:)....

andijo81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I listen to NPR and MSNBC in the car, but I love OLD country 1970 and earlier. 70's Rock, 80's Punk and Rock. Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Indie. I have everything from Dinah Washington, Gypsy Kings, Trick Daddy, Tom Jones, Gogol Bordello, George Jones RIP. I can go from Kanye to The Andrews Sisters, not only do I have ADD but so does my inner jukebox:)

Camkha1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This'll be my first time seeing them live. They're playing with Texas in July, Volumes, and The Ghost Inside. I've seen Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Miss May I, and August Burns Red . They were all great live.

Lol I copied and pasted and the post looks weird. But yeah I love all of them.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[video=youtube_share;pns297l_sfs]http://youtu.be/pns297l_sfs[/video]

Slideways48

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I listen to a little bit of everything...in the shop, it's older country, George Jones, Johnny Cash, all the greats, at home or in the car, it's urban country, rap, hard rock, rock, basically whatever I can find lol

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe with all the talk of heavy music no one has mentioned Tool! You either love it or hate it, but nothing beats having some Tool on your iPod when your working out or mountain bike racing..IMHO. Aaron Lewis and Staind is a close second as my favorite... I grew up with Pink Floyd, Metallica, Stevie Ray, Korn, Disturbed and all the typical stuff. Having moved to NC a decade ago Country has grown on me too!

I'm not one for covers but if you are a Tool fan this is an AMAZING cover of 42 and 2 buy some talented kids.

[video=youtube_share;mYKLvYGqaC0]http://youtu.be/mYKLvYGqaC0[/video]

This past weekend my good friend sang a song he wrote for me called "Reef Frenzy Blues" shown in the second half of this video. I find it really cool, but I am biased..lol.... I "actually" ate Fish Food!!!! - YouTube

jonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up singing The Death Song by Marilyn Manson in my head..soo..looks like thats the artist for todays trip with the in laws. I've only been married since April but...I understand the inlaw jokes with a level of clarity I never thought possible lol

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
grateful_dead_1885.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back