Whats available for non custom 180 gallon

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With so many manufactures out of the market, I'm starting to wonder if the only option is custom. I'm looking for a standard 180 gallon internal overflow. The only thing I can find that is still available is Aqueon and Marineland. I currently have a Deep Sea Aquatics. I love the tank, its only a 80 gallon though. I wish they still made tanks as they had three drains for the 180 which i feel safe with. So my question for you all is do you know of any other companies making a 180 with an internal overflow other than Aqueon or Marineland?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customaquariums dot com has custom and non custom glass tanks but they "build to order". The other option besides the 2 above is to look for good used ones.

OP
OP
Zachhll

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have looked at Customaquariums. I'm not a fan of their overflow too much noise and chance of failure. Thanks for the suggestion. I have been on the lookout for a used DSA 180 for a long time now but nobody is selling them.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SCA 150 is the closest thing I have been able to find in that size range. You sacrifice a door in length, but the build quality and price are spectacular

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try Glasscages.com. Not sure their standard overflows will match what you are looking for but I believe they will work with you to get the overflows how you want them.

Just to be clear, I am not endorsing them and have never used their product.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have looked at Customaquariums. I'm not a fan of their overflow too much noise and chance of failure. Thanks for the suggestion. I have been on the lookout for a used DSA 180 for a long time now but nobody is selling them.
Do you mean the h2overflow? If so, that's interesting. I have them in use on a 45g and 29g and they are nearly silent. The only noise I hear comes from the end of the drain line into the filter bag. That was an easy fix by drilling an air release hole just above the waterline in the drain line. The thing about those overflows is that you have to be sure to use the correct supplied (they give 3) grommet for the amount of flow that will be going into it.

In any case you can get the tank without their overflows drilled how and where you want it or undrilled. When I get my next tank ( I've already grown out of my 180 lol) I will be getting their low iron glass 96Lx22Hx 36D and will have them drill for a coast to coast OF. If* I order from them. I may go with glasscages, it's a toss up...

OP
OP
Zachhll

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#Bpb thanks for pointing me to the SCA I had not seen them yet. I am really wanting to hit the 6ft mark. As it will fit perfect where I am trying to put it. Pricing is really good though. Other then the 210. That's the one I would be interested in. It is three times the cost of the 150 must need thicker glass or something. I was also looking for three drains and at least 1 return in the overflow.

OP
OP
Zachhll

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#prsnlty Do you have any videos of your h2overflow? The Youtube videos I have seen seem noisy. Right now I have a Herbie setup. It is dead quite. You can here the relay on my eb8 on my apex, the tank is so quit. The only noise I have in my tank is the water dropping into the filter socks about an inch. My tank is in my living room i have the plumbing go through the wall and all of my filtration is in a different room . I want the tank to be dead quite the filtration can make all the noise it wants .

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#prsnlty Do you have any videos of your h2overflow? The Youtube videos I have seen seem noisy. Right now I have a Herbie setup. It is dead quite. You can here the relay on my eb8 on my apex, the tank is so quit. The only noise I have in my tank is the water dropping into the filter socks about an inch. My tank is in my living room i have the plumbing go through the wall and all of my filtration is in a different room . I want the tank to be dead quite the filtration can make all the noise it wants .

I just did this video for you. The other sounds you hear is actually the LED fan.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An Aqueon with no overflows, then drill it yourself and use a Synergy Reef "Shadow" overflow.
Even if going custom/semi-custom you can ask them to drill it for the Shadow.

OP
OP
Zachhll

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#prsnlty Thank you very much for taking the video. I will definitely agree it is quite. My biggest issue is i am trying to make it tight to the wall using an internal overflow is the only way I will able to do this. I have went the external overflow route before and if I had the room i would do it again but im pretty limited on space.

#don_chuwish Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I am looking to do an internal overflow for depth reasons.

I have heard Acrylic and Glass Exhibits makes similar takes to DSA with an internal overflow. Does anyone know much about them? Are the a quality tank builder?

Robert Vacchiano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not go with marineland for large tanks had a 300 leak in less than 3 years and have heard of many other failure in there large tanks

OP
OP
Zachhll

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone's opinion of the Red Sea Reefer series? I see they are coming out with a XXL 750 within the next couple months. Anyone know how much they are going to run price wise? One huge factor I am looking at in a new tank is the stand whats your opinion on the Red Sea stand? It looks really nice. Will I be able to drill a couple holes in the back of it for plumbing without hurting its structural integrity?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Zachhll

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although that would be a fun drive. That's a little far for me plus I'm really looking for a 72" length.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back