Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange Yumas (1998) - 18 years old:

12gMushies2082714_zps8926aff2.jpg

Both have been in two systems over the years, first a 55g and now a 12g.

Now can I like this one twice omg those colors are amazing.... now I have to ask but are those Yumas touching ricordias? If so I didn't know that was possible and will be trying this soon[/QUOTE]

Both Ricordia species (R. florida and R. yuma) are typically just fine together. However, "One of these is not like the other", namely the mint green Rhodactis species in the lower right corner had to be removed due to it causing damage.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These acans are one of the first corals I ever bought as a single head frag a little over 6 years ago. They are also the only coral to survive my tank crash during hurricane sandy. Only a small bit of flesh remained.
image.jpeg

Coralville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a branching frogspawn for about 13 years. Fragged many times. It's my favorite coral.

Mikemccafe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this gorgonian may be 15 years old, but I forget. I may be off either way by 5 years.
I had one like that it was 20 years old , unfortunately I lost after a car hit my building and we where in the process of moving the tank and had a equipment malfunction

WetWhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My leather is 15+. To give you a reference for size it is in my 120 gallon frag tank and the top most part at the back glass is only a few inches from the waterline.

IMG_20160427_204506.jpg

The Blue coral on the back glass at the top of the pic spans a 2 foot section of my 180 and is growing on the back glass and is also 15+.

IMG_20160605_143931_edit.jpg

This bubble has been in almost every reef I have had and is 25 years old.

IMG_20160605_144312.jpg

These button polyps were one of my first corals I got and is 28 years.

IMG_20160605_144303_edit.jpg

srad750c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a unknown leather coral and mushrooms that came in on my live rock. Got the rock back in 1998. The leather coral was a very small bud. Mushrooms have spread around tank. They have survived everything, power outages, 2 tank wipe outs, 4 moves and my latest headache, ULNS. This has been my most frustrating thing of all. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a unknown leather coral and mushrooms that came in on my live rock. Got the rock back in 1998. The leather coral was a very small bud. Mushrooms have spread around tank. They have survived everything, power outages, 2 tank wipe outs, 4 moves and my latest headache, ULNS. This has been my most frustrating thing of all. image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Very cool. I think your unknown may be cabbage leather. I have some that looks similar but not as ruffled. But I am terrible at IDs so don't quote me lol

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I think your unknown may be cabbage leather. I have some that looks similar but not as ruffled. But I am terrible at IDs so don't quote me lol
Oh yeah I forgot I had a pic of some of my cabbage in the first post lol. I'll have to share a pic of my other patch when I get a chance, it looks a little more like yours.

OP
OP
ReefQueen

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks exactly like yours, even in the beginning stages. Cabbage leather it is

I don't have a close up of my other patch, but if you zoom in on the bottom right front most rock you can see it.
20160331_200124.jpg

I guess I don't take any close ups of that side of the tank. I also need to get an updated FTS, my sand looks empty in this one lol. It's odd how long I have had these cabbage corals and how little they have grown over the years. I'm ok with it though, they fit well where I want them at this size:)

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a reverse superman that is 8 years old. No pictures currently as it is at the LFS right now in a holding tank due to a tank failure. Waiting on the new tank to arrive and start rebuilding next week.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back