White warts on Pyramid Butterflyfish mouth (and nowhere else)

jibson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Me again - this fish has previously had flukes which I dealt with several FW dips, moving tank in between each one, prazi pro and NT labs antiwork/flukes and he has was fine after that.

He's been eating fine and is very active. He had one of these warts before and thought at first maybe was just how he developed. However, today I noticed there are more (only around the mouth) and no where else. Way to big to be ich or what have you, and doesn't seem to be flukes again

Any ideas what it could be, and best treatment for such (I'm in UK so the US treatments often aren't available here, sadly). Photos are below. Thanks again to anyone's advice so much!

I also keep a cleaner wrasse and two cleaner shrimps in tank incase he got flukes again

Sorry for awful photos even for these took me like 30 mins as he moves so much and quickly

1676124281999.png

1676124348109.png

@Jay Hemdal You always seem to know what's wrong with all my pyramids! Any ideas? Appreciate your help everytime, always puts me at ease, thanks again :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know getting photos of fish is tough, but I just can't see much in these. Perhaps a short video would be easier to get?

I wonder if these are marks from running into things in the tank? You might also consider that this could Lymphocystis.

Jay

OP
OP
jibson

jibson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know getting photos of fish is tough, but I just can't see much in these. Perhaps a short video would be easier to get?

I wonder if these are marks from running into things in the tank? You might also consider that this could Lymphocystis.

Jay
Video of pyramid
@Jay Hemdal Thanks for speedy response. See above for the video. It's a really bad one as he moves so quick but imagine there's about 1 bigger wart and 2 to the side, is worst than video looks.

Also my tank isn't normally that dirty, that's just new chaeto that came from sump and leftover food had to supplement for my snails as have too many and only my pyramid in there atm

Thanks so much

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Video of pyramid
@Jay Hemdal Thanks for speedy response. See above for the video. It's a really bad one as he moves so quick but imagine there's about 1 bigger wart and 2 to the side, is worst than video looks.

Also my tank isn't normally that dirty, that's just new chaeto that came from sump and leftover food had to supplement for my snails as have too many and only my pyramid in there atm

Thanks so much
Unfortunately this video is of Little help. Cant see much in 3 seconds. Need at least 20 seconds under white lighting for best assessment.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video of pyramid

Thanks so much

I can only see the spot on the snout, that does just look like a scrape to me.

Jay

OP
OP
jibson

jibson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New longer video as requested

Thanks again for your replies, @vetteguy53081, see the video above for a longer one. Again sorry it's so bad, he moves so quick so tried to try and feed him.

@Jay Hemdal This has put my mind at ease although it was only one at first now theres two smaller ones next to it and a small growth on the left fin if you can see in the video above

Thanks again guys, always so helpful :)

Chuck_M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New longer video as requested

Thanks again for your replies, @vetteguy53081, see the video above for a longer one. Again sorry it's so bad, he moves so quick so tried to try and feed him.

@Jay Hemdal This has put my mind at ease although it was only one at first now theres two smaller ones next to it and a small growth on the left fin if you can see in the video above

Thanks again guys, always so helpful :)
Lots of action there!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Agree- its a scrape injury and should heal on its own. I would recommend having on hand either Maracyn 2 OR seachem Kanaplex should anything above healing develop

OP
OP
jibson

jibson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree- its a scrape injury and should heal on its own. I would recommend having on hand either Maracyn 2 OR seachem Kanaplex should anything above healing develop
Thanks again so much @vetteguy53081 appreciate for everything you do for this community means a lot to me and I'm sure everyone else, hope one day will learn as much as you ♥️

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 36 40.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 45 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back