OP
OP
F

Fishinizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not knocking LEDs. I wish everyone best of luck with the LEDs or your lighting of choice. I was just providing unbiased feedback on my experience on LED lighting. I jumped on the LED band wagon to early and didn’t get good results. We are all trying our best to grow a healthy Reef, that we can be proud to show off and watch. I have met fellow reefer who have bought LED lighting for his 300 gallon display tank. I won’t mention the LED brand name so I don’t hurt any feelings but they were not Reef Breeders LEDs. He invested over $2000 with not so good results. Needless to say he went back to three 400watt Halides and life is now good. He did end up reselling the LEDs for half the purchase price. Now there could be the issue of acclimating the SPS colonies to the new LEDs which caused issues with his SPS. I apologize for getting this thread off subject. I believe if its working don’t mess with it.
it's ok I agree I just disagree with the fact of them not working I really didn't intend that for you or really anyone I just wanted the thread to be n reef breeders led experiences but sometimes you have to mess with it to advance. Or we would still have technology fom the cavemen lol.

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 3 days I've seen almost instant results compared to my t5s. My mushroom is easily 1/4" bigger than ever before. And my acans are the plumpest they've ever been, by at least 1/4" as well

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

BrntWaffles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about switching my 6 bulb T5 system on my 75g out for a reef breeders system. My question is should I go with 2 16" lights or the 1 32"? My tank has a center brace. Also I have a short canopy and was planning on using the 120 degree optics and keeping it closer to the surface of the water. I plan on keeping a mixed reef.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about switching my 6 bulb T5 system on my 75g out for a reef breeders system. My question is should I go with 2 16" lights or the 1 32"? My tank has a center brace. Also I have a short canopy and was planning on using the 120 degree optics and keeping it closer to the surface of the water. I plan on keeping a mixed reef.

2 16" fixtures would work better close tot he water.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2 16" fixtures would work better close tot he water.

Do you think the 120's for optics? I have the same tank it sounds like and would be my only real ? Lol
So far it's between you (ReefBreeders) and LEDTRiC. You have four votes in my poll of what to buy and LEDTRiC has 2..... Either way I can't wait ;)

Here's the poll if people want to help me compare the fixtures listed in it.....
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108973

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Last edited:

rewlee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Reefbreeders programable LED's. I have the 16'' and have seen huge growth out of softies and LPS. My mushrooms are going crazy, and my hammer in the corner of the tank is growing so fast. Pictures from a iPhone do not give it justice. I would highly recommend.

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Reefbreeders programable LED's. I have the 16'' and have seen huge growth out of softies and LPS. My mushrooms are going crazy, and my hammer in the corner of the tank is growing so fast. Pictures from a iPhone do not give it justice. I would highly recommend.

Yea my shrooms have exploded

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

laytonp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am now considering one of these for my 2x2x2 cube. Anyone have pics of this size tank?
Also I would think the 90 degree optics would be best for this, thoughts?

reefwatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will let you see pics when I get it up and running I also have a 2x2x2 60 gallon cube with reef readers

Last edited:

reefwatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be a few weeks but
y8ydebun.jpg
aqehymeg.jpg
I got the budget fixture at reef breeders.

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the Reef Breeders 120watt Bridgelux Value LED Fixtures get good spread on a 40 breeder?
What kinda par should I expect? Really looking into getting led's over my mh.

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the Reef Breeders 120watt Bridgelux Value LED Fixtures get good spread on a 40 breeder?
What kinda par should I expect? Really looking into getting led's over my mh.

I'm running 4 values over my 240 (8x2x2) and have a nice spread, even at the 7 inches above the water surface. As for PAR, I had a friend test it when mine was dimmed down (about 30%). At that time, my PAR was 50 at the bottom. Since turning them up 100%, my PAR had to have almost doubled because my RBTA moved down (it was in a spot for over a year prior), my bonsai (fresh cut) has started encrusting (on a plug on the sand), and clams are showing twice as much growth. Hopefully soon I'll get up-to-date numbers.

Brought to you by a Country Boy utilizing his Evo 4G and the Reef2Reef App

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is mostly SPS frags, all are doing well. I would say that this is a quality piece of equipment, the timer and the colors are awesome! I'll update my build thread shortly, I plan on documenting the "small" frags, as I don't think they are going to be small for long...

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really thinking about getting one.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back