Who's from Jersey!

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey

Ask for Brian at Reefco
319-323 US-22, Green Brook Township, NJ 08812. They specialize in Aquarium maintenance service.
https://reefcoaquariums.com
I had talked to Brian but he was too busy already. Anyone else to recommend?

I am Sam's bro ... I love fishes and am handson.. but not an expert and a bit strapped for time ... I am one of those DIY guy who likes to work with someone .... I am looking for full service maintenance every 2 to 3 weeks; including clean up, checking for disease, advising on disease/ food, etc. I can pay by hour or trips ... looking for ongoing continued relationships.

mbmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Watchung , NJ ....my favorite LFS is reefco in Green Brook. I got my 150gls
tank and all equipment from them. Very good price and brian the owner installed everthing,.
that was 2 years ago and all is working great.
If you want hard to find fish they are really good , I got 2 candy basslets and 2 borbonius anthias from there.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brian and reefco A+ in my book, wish they were opened on weekdays too! lol

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had talked to Brian but he was too busy already. Anyone else to recommend?

I am Sam's bro ... I love fishes and am handson.. but not an expert and a bit strapped for time ... I am one of those DIY guy who likes to work with someone .... I am looking for full service maintenance every 2 to 3 weeks; including clean up, checking for disease, advising on disease/ food, etc. I can pay by hour or trips ... looking for ongoing continued relationships.
You can try ACC (Aquarium care center)
1105 NJ-35, Ocean Township, NJ 07712

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Weekend or Friday afternoon is what I prefer ... we live in central Jersey... a bit too far for Aquarium Care Center... Reefco all booked ... still lookikg for good referral...

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekend or Friday afternoon is what I prefer ... we live in central Jersey... a bit too far for Aquarium Care Center... Reefco all booked ... still lookikg for good referral...
Last one I can think of would be aquatic obsessions out in rahway. Other than that, im out of ideas

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

Ask for Brian at Reefco
319-323 US-22, Green Brook Township, NJ 08812. They specialize in Aquarium maintenance service.
https://reefcoaquariums.com

I second this! He watches my tanks when I'm out of town and he has an awesome store 10+min away. Message me to know more if you want

ikiwi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Bridgewater. Getting back into the hobby after a 5 year break. Amazed at the advancements in technology.

I second, third and fourth Brian at Reefco. I’m starting small and setting up myself but he has been extremely helpful and most certainly has secured my business for when I inevitability upgrade. No doubt I will “go big” and will look to Reefco for the entire set-up.

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I found a great aquarium maintenance and service company!

David's Aquarium Maintenance. Run and owned by David. Here is his contact, he is timely, reasonable, right priced, very knowledgeable and works with range of folks - those new to hobby or those who has been in it for years!

https://davidsaquariums.com/

[email protected]

View attachment 20190414_105730.jpg

Dianna Marshall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jersey girl here - middlesex county - 8a off the turnpike - jamesburg.

Good aquarium support company :

Rivertoreef.net. Contact: Bill
Aquaridise, East Brunswick - Artie has aquarium support services as well.

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just introducing myself - getting back into Reef Keeping after a 10 year hiatus. I'm located in Monmouth country very close to the beach.

Can anyone recommend some good local stores as well as maybe some private maintenance services (they don't have to have a store front) I'm looking at setting up a WaterBox or Red Sea so looking for someone with experience with those brands - though I guess I am open to others. Also does anyone remember Tropaquarium in Ocean NJ - what happened to that place?

Stopped over at the place across the street (aquarium Care Center) they seem pretty good?

Cheers.

Dianna Marshall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropiquarium closed down about three years ago- abc is right across the highway from the old tropiquarium- closer to you but depends where along the night coast you live.

I have a few lfs’ closer to me - 2 are and one is up on er 46 in Clifton - absolutely fish or “ab fish” .

There’s another lfs north of the Driscoll bridge. Aquatic obsessions - if you care to take a drive -,
Aquatic has red seas set up - very knowledgeable.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 40 28.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 68 47.9%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back