Why light on most pictures/video of reef tank looks dimmed ?

Lobophyton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, that something i often see no matter which support i watch it on, i mostly find that tank lighting look so dimmed on pictures/video. I was wondering if it's really dimmed and that maybe it's me that blast my corals with tons of light (doubt it because no bleaching) or is it just an effect of lenses, screen etc ? thx

for exemple this video the light definitely looks not bright, but there is tons of light above, either the light is low but there is tons of light for coverage or there is really tons of par and i'm fooled

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, that something i often see no matter which support i watch it on, i mostly find that tank lighting look so dimmed on pictures/video. I was wondering if it's really dimmed and that maybe it's me that blast my corals with tons of light (doubt it because no bleaching) or is it just an effect of lenses, screen etc ? thx

for exemple this video the light definitely looks not bright, but there is tons of light above, either the light is low but there is tons of light for coverage or there is really tons of par and i'm fooled
it's most likely the filter they use for filming

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back