OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well our tanks a year old and it’s been a bumpy ride and being on autopilot for a few months it’s finally rounding the corner on it’s ugly stage I hope

I lost some of the little coral I had in the tank and we had some fuzzy algae grow over the newer Marco rock along with a bubble algae take over ‍♂️

I just couldn’t seem to get my coraline going and the corals didn’t seem happy under the kessils so I caved and put up a 4 bulb hybrid with the leds and it seems like it made a difference. I also set up AFR dosing now instead of dosing 2 part

IMG_3306.jpeg
IMG_3304.jpeg
IMG_3267.jpeg

Jimbo327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job making it past 1 year. I think all the talk about needing 1 year for reef tank to mature. (Especially starting with dead rock/sand.) It has some merit.

I'm in the similar situation. None of my SPS is thriving even though the parameters are in line. I still need 5 months to get past the 1 year mark. Hopefully, your tank will start to mature and be stable for corals to grow. Good luck.

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job making it past 1 year. I think all the talk about needing 1 year for reef tank to mature. (Especially starting with dead rock/sand.) It has some merit.

I'm in the similar situation. None of my SPS is thriving even though the parameters are in line. I still need 5 months to get past the 1 year mark. Hopefully, your tank will start to mature and be stable for corals to grow. Good luck.
It’s frustrating since all my previous tanks were plug and play just transferring basically 100% over into a slightly larger tank for the last 15 years and this one was such a jump adding this much new rock really did take time for it to adjust.

Jimbo327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s frustrating since all my previous tanks were plug and play just transferring basically 100% over into a slightly larger tank for the last 15 years and this one was such a jump adding this much new rock really did take time for it to adjust.
Yeah, it is a bit frustrating. Live mature rock would go much faster.

But that rock scape is nice though. So it'll be worth it in the end, just taking longer to cook and mature. Makes mine look like a pile of rocks. LOL.

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it is a bit frustrating. Live mature rock would go much faster.

But that rock scape is nice though. So it'll be worth it in the end, just taking longer to cook and mature. Makes mine look like a pile of rocks. LOL.
That’s how mine was for a couple months then it was a ball of algae lol

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The addition of the t5s and a fox face has flipped the tank overnight making me and the wife both wish we did this months ago!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 50 43.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back