WIN 2 MACNA TICKETS!! FULL Conference passes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

korndogg091

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be a privlage and a honor to attend macna this year. I have been in the hobby for 10+ years and have been to local swaps but I have never had the money to attend the mother of all swaps. I was laid off all of 09 because my job relied on the auto industry, I am still trying to get back on my feet and this would be just awsome to be able to tell the wife we are going to orlando for macna.

win or lose, thank you to those that made this drawing happen you will be making a reefer extreamly happy.

sciknen

Merrimack Valley Hardcore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Becuase I'm broke and could never afford it. I can ride the bike down to orlando and it would be a great ride.

seaheard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of politically correct answers on here so far.

My is for wanting to go is:

FRAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macimage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are due for a vacation and this would be awesome!

Joyce

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to go to MACNA 2010 because i missed out on the MAX 2010 expo due to lack of funds at the time. I now have funds for an airline ticket to MACNA but getting free tickets to the actual event would be SCHWEETTT!~!!

Dan Rigle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never been to a macna and I have been the hobby for 20 years,avidly.

faciosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to go in order to gain a wealth of information, as well as meeting new people that share the same hobby. If I was chosen to go, I would share as much knowledge and opportunities as I could, and would Open discussions about what we can do to save the reefs. It is possible that the world may rely on us some day to aquaculture, propogate, and return specimens to the wild. I believe that over time, captive grown corals become stronger and more resistant to changing circumstances, and that we should all keep this in mind as a possible way for our natural reefs to flourish in the future. I would hate if our reefs are diminished before I get a chance to explore them with my daughter. Oh yea, I would also bring her, because she is the smartest little 2 year old I know, and is so into fish and corals, she may become a marine biologist and save the reefs someday.

makingbubbles

Broke, Poor, Cheap Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need those tickets! my woman wants to get married in Florida on the beach. (hey its better than in the courthouse). Were going on year 3 of being engaged, and we have friends that have gotten married that haven't even know each other for as long as we been engaged. Any who sw airlines has a sale on there flights, so it wont be that expensive to get there. I just need another reason to get off my lazy butt and go to Florida besides getting married. I love her and everything i just hate weddings. There a waste of $$$ i been to more weddings than most people here besides the revs. Im a photographer so i know all about the bridezillas and stress. So give me another reason to hop a few states over and take the plunge.

Alexforchange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a poor college student that can't afford it. I am addicted to saltwater and basically do nothing but buy/trade corals and work on my tank. i think I would take a lot from a conference like this.

mkenochm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I want to go to MACNA

I have had salt water tanks for about 15 years, but I only attended my first frag swap this year at the ETRC swap in Morristown TN. Before late last year I didn't even know what frag swap was. I enjoyed the frag swap so much that when I found out about MACNA I told my husband I really wanted to go. My 180 gallon reef tank crashed this past January due to a heater going out and I didn't catch it for 2 days. I have been slowly adding inhabitants back in it. We had to can el our vacation this summer to Orlando due to replacing the rear end in his truck. It has been a rough go for vacation and my tank this year. I'm a full time student and really need a break. The perfect break would to go to sunny Orlando and MACNA, my favorite things in life sunny destinations and reef keeping events. Thank you for considering my entry and congrats to whoever you pick as the winner. Thank you MACNA and reef 2 reef for such an awesome give away!!

sunshinereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked my 6 year old daughter, what would be one good reason to attend a conference like MACNA on a long weekend (showed her some of the pics on the MACNA website), the answer I got was to have FUN. I think she was fascinated by the resort pictures.

So I want to go to MACNA to have fun, learn more and meet fellow reefers. BTW- I would have loved if she would have answered - "We need to go to MACNA to find NEMO"

thomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be doing a complete DIY upgrade/rebuild in 2011 stainless steel + hardwood stand, rimless, closed loop, DIY LED (or perhaps Plasma) lighting using custom machined stainless housings. We want to go to learn more about cutting edge lighting etc for ideas. An epic build thread will follow if we win!

benjabba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to go to MACNA since I have never had the oppurtunity to do so. I am in the process of gathering equipment for a tank upgrade so it would be great to see all of the new equipment on the market. As many have said before me I am most interested in learning more about LED lighting because I believe that is the direction this hobby is heading.

saigon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good reason to tell my wife: Honey we win the trip to MACNA this time and she will let me go:bigsmile:

dolphinfan213

fish fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i should get the tickets, cause i just re-located to palm bay florida to be near my air force son, and plus i can't afford to go on my own

Kevin3884

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I have never been to any kind of reef trading show or anything :( I live in Florida and could easily drive to Orlando, but I can not afford tickets to the show at this time. I would love to learn and see anything and everything I could at the MACNA show...

innercirclepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to attend MACNA because my wife and I share a passion for reef tanks. It would be great to spend some time together in orlando over the long weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back